Maryland
Options

Swan Harbor Farm tips/advice

Hi Brides! I just recently booked our ceremony/reception at Swan Harbor Farm in Havre de Grace.  We decided to go with the double booking to allow for more flexibility.  Anyone have any tips for this venue (caterer, DJ, florist, bakery, etc.)?  I am also wondering if I should/shouldn't hire a DOC for the big day?  Thanks! Laughing

Re: Swan Harbor Farm tips/advice

• Options
    ashlidieashlidie member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I second KS Catering, in fact I almost blindly recommended anyway until I saw lovethebeach already beat me to it!  Can't beat their value.

I've heard of Flowers by Dene get good reviews, in Bel Air.  I am facebook friends with her and she does a wonderful job.  I am personally using a family friend for budget reasons (she will give us a good discount AND for that reason my dad is paying, so nice!).  If interested she is Katrina from Flowers by Katrina right off of 40 in Joppatowne.
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    We didn't have an outside caterer at our venue...

But we used Flowers by Design in Bel Air for flowers...I used to work there for about 5 years and Patti (the owner) always does amazing work.

For our baker, we went the cupcake route (which was a huge success...our guests loved it and we were able to have lots of flavor options...also it was a big money saver)...we used Flavor Cupcakery.  Their cupcakes are super yummy and they have so many different flavors to choose from.  They are great to work with (we mainly spoke with Jenn) and they work with you to design the wrappers for the cupcakes so they match your decor and theme.

As far as a DOC...you probably do not need one because I believe the coordinator you spoke with at Swan Harbor will be there on your wedding day to help with the vendors.  I think that a DOC and a venue coordinator tend to butt heads a lot as to how things should be done...just stick with your venue coordinator, they know the location better then anyone.

• Options
    laurenkaramlaurenkaram member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also getting married at SHF. We have narrowed things down to two caterers - Laurrapin Grill and Dean and Brown. Desserts by Rita has delicious cakes.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of the suggestions!  I too am looking at Dean and Brown- just waiting to hear back about the pricing/menu.  I'll have to check out Desserts by Rita :)  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards