Not Engaged Yet

Torture

I know some ladies have dealt with the fact that their bf's openly bought the ring in front of them and then they had to wait for the ring. Kind of the same deal here, except the lady at the jewelry store spilled the beans which pissed me off bc now I'm expecting it. Now that it's out in the open the BF CONSTANTLY makes comments about the ring, like "I took my dad to see your ring" or today the BF said "the jewelry store called about your ring that I have to pick it up" it's driving me insane!!!!!!! This is a joke...but he often kids that I have to reach a "100 points" before I get the ring. He's totally joking of course but I of course dont see the humor in it (maybe a little humor bc I play along a little bit Smile)

He even tried to talk to me about how much money it was, I absolutely don't even want to know what he spent, personally I dont think its any of my business nor does it matter. How did you ladies deal with this?! Did you tell him to stop talking about it? AHH I wish I never even knew about it, I am so bad with surprises.

Re: Torture

• katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You need to tell him to cut it out. Seriously. If it's bothering you, he should drop it.

I hate when S/Os do this and think it's funny.
  • leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Kat. He probably thinks the teasing is funny, but I get the feeling you don't agree. Tell him.
  • Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I was actually going to say that I think that's kinda cute.

*pouts*

It sounds like he's just as excited as you are and needs an outlet for that energy.  However, I agree that, if you really aren't comfortable with the teasing, you should inform him.
  • edited December 2011
    I would punch him in the nutsack.
  • desertsundesertsun member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_torture?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:5df7c04d-07a7-4b1c-89d1-c13aa310afbbPost:46541018-f8ba-4fb2-a667-ef8d8dae22f4">Re: Torture</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would punch him in the nutsack.
    Posted by GreenPepperBurger[/QUOTE]

LOL! This!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• TopazAngelTopazAngel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tell him it makes you really happy that he's excited about it, but that you can drive yourself nuts with anticipation all by yourself, and that he's not helping with the joking around.

That way you still have the nutsac as a second resort Wink
  • motoLynmotoLyn member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_torture?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:5df7c04d-07a7-4b1c-89d1-c13aa310afbbPost:46541018-f8ba-4fb2-a667-ef8d8dae22f4">Re: Torture</a>:
    Posted by GreenPepperBurger[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Hahaha.... junk punch! I like the way GPB thinks.  If you don't like his teasing tell him so.  I'm sure he'll understand that you want to be more surprised by not hearing all the details.  

</div>
  • jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Tell him no ring...no sex. LOL...maybe he'll hand it right over :-P
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_torture?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:5df7c04d-07a7-4b1c-89d1-c13aa310afbbPost:46541018-f8ba-4fb2-a667-ef8d8dae22f4">Re: Torture</a>:
    Posted by GreenPepperBurger[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHAH!!! Yay GPB!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah I'd say let him know it irks you. THEN punch him in the nutsack! Lol kidding...but really, let him know. Because imagine if he doesn't propose right away, you're going to have to hear this teasing for a long while. :\
    Running buddies are forevah.

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Completed 2012 Races: Cupid's Chase 5k Feb. 11th: 26:20, Donovan's Run 5k March 10th: 25:00, Statesman Cap 10k March 25th: 57:19

Upcoming: Komen Race for the Cure 10k May 12th (SA)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards