Iowa-Des Moines

Bridal Shower

My sisters wanted to know what kind of bridal shower I want (Tupperware, Pampered Chef, non-registered gifts, money, etc.).  I looked at the Pampered Chef and Tupperware and decided there's only a few items from both sites that I truly want, so having a party for one of them would be pointless for me.  I don't want people to purchase items off our gift registry because there isn't much on them anyways.  One sis suggested an all money shower or that they don't even tell guests where we are registered at and have them bring anything they want.  What kind of bridal shower have you guys had or are going to have?  I thought I should come up with an idea or two to give my sisters, but I want to hear about some other ideas that maybe people are doing.  Thank you.

Re: Bridal Shower

• medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a friend just have an "around the clock shower". Basically when you mail out the invites to tell the guests the time they get. So 6 o'clock, 11 and so on. THey can chose if it's PM or AM. and they would buy gifts that fit within their hour. So if you do 11pm, you could say slippers or a movie for a movie night. This way you can still get gifts, whatever they feel like getting you but it doesn't need to be taken off your registry.

It was cute and they did cute wording for the shower invites themselves. Also they did a game at the end when you open the gifts, everyone had to guess what "hour" it was from and the one with the most right got a prize.

It was a cute shower, I can find out the wording if you want to use the idea!!

Good Luck!!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_iowa-des-moines_bridal-shower-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:80Discussion:5d13e6f9-59ce-4adb-84d5-cd50a658ab3aPost:ddd54ab7-51da-445e-8fdf-2fa8b4c822bd">Re: Bridal Shower</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had a friend just have an "around the clock shower". Basically when you mail out the invites to tell the guests the time they get. So 6 o'clock, 11 and so on. THey can chose if it's PM or AM. and they would buy gifts that fit within their hour. So if you do 11pm, you could say slippers or a movie for a movie night. This way you can still get gifts, whatever they feel like getting you but it doesn't need to be taken off your registry. It was cute and they did cute wording for the shower invites themselves. Also they did a game at the end when you open the gifts, everyone had to guess what "hour" it was from and the one with the most right got a prize. It was a cute shower, I can find out the wording if you want to use the idea!! Good Luck!!
    Posted by medusia00[/QUOTE]

That's a really cute idea!

Another idea is to have a personal shower - they can get you things like lingerie, lotion, massage oil, or just things to pamper yourself.  I personally wouldn't go with lingerie if grandma, etc. would be there, but if it's more of a younger crowd, this would be fun.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am no help because both of my showers were 'get them a gift off their registry" 
    I don't really like the idea of telling people to bring you money...something about that seems kind of wrong to me.
    I do like the one where you don't tell people where you are registered...I also know that if I were invited to a shower and it didn't say where the couple was registered I would look at all the sites I know to see if I could find a registry for them so be prepared for people to do that...you may still get stuff off your registry
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_iowa-des-moines_bridal-shower-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:80Discussion:5d13e6f9-59ce-4adb-84d5-cd50a658ab3aPost:ddd54ab7-51da-445e-8fdf-2fa8b4c822bd">Re: Bridal Shower</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had a friend just have an "around the clock shower". Basically when you mail out the invites to tell the guests the time they get. So 6 o'clock, 11 and so on. THey can chose if it's PM or AM. and they would buy gifts that fit within their hour. So if you do 11pm, you could say slippers or a movie for a movie night. This way you can still get gifts, whatever they feel like getting you but it doesn't need to be taken off your registry. It was cute and they did cute wording for the shower invites themselves. Also they did a game at the end when you open the gifts, everyone had to guess what "hour" it was from and the one with the most right got a prize. It was a cute shower, I can find out the wording if you want to use the idea!! Good Luck!!
    Posted by medusia00[/QUOTE]

That is a good idea.

If my sisters went the money only route, they said they would come up with some creative way of saying it.  I would use that money to put towards the little bit of Tupperware that I want, which is just a couple of groups of several items that all come together.  If there was more Tupperware that I wanted then I would just do that.
  • aubriejewelaubriejewel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think money only shower is just rude. I know for myself I'm a bargain hunter so I may get you a gift that was $50 for only $20 and not feel bad about giving it at all. However if I could only afford $20 and you wanted cash that would be the best I could do and may look cheap in the eyes of others who have more to give.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards