New York-Long Island

Engagement party help

We are trying to plan a very inexpensive engagement party but no one has a backyard big enough. I was wondering if anyone has had one at knights of columbus on the south shore, maybe deer park or I think there is one in west babylon. Anyone know of prices and if it comes with anything. Thanks!

Re: Engagement party help

• you're throwing your own engagement party?

• No we aren't, I just want some say in it and to help our families plan it and was just trying to get some advice on places and prices.
  • In Response to Re:Engagement party help:[QUOTE]you're throwing your own engagement party? Posted by alithebride[/QUOTE]

What is wrong with throwing your own engagement party? We threw one for ourselves... Free wine beer and amazing food trust me no one complained or found it tacky.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We used a knights of columbus and it was really great! the prices vary but you can pay about $35-$45/person and that will include your open bar and food. Most places will work with you and give you a cake included from the local bakery. We opted to not take the cake only bc i knew the bakery that i wanted my cake from but honestly it was a great experience. You can decorate the room as much or as little as you want. We also used the same dj that we are using for the wedding and they gave us a great deal on the engagement party bc they are doing our wedding. Best of luck to you! It will turn out gorgeous! :)

• We had the same issue. My parents are throwing us the party and they really wanted to host it at their house. Since the backyard is not big enough for all of the guests we plan on inviting to the wedding, we decided to just invite immediate family and close friends to the engagement party.

Good luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards