California-Tahoe
Options

Vendor Reviews-South Lake Tahoe/Stateline

Wedding Date: May 12, 2012

Ceremony Site: Emerald Bay- A+
It was so beautiful overlooking Emerald Bay, it was such a nice day!

Officiant: Reverend Dorie Hession (Lake of the Sky Weddings)- F-
The only redeeming factor of the whole thing was our wedding pictures turned out nicely.

Other than the pictures, this was by far the worst part of my wedding!!!!!!!  Reverend Dorie was nearly IMPOSSIBLE to get a hold of!!! I am an extremely laid back person, but the level of UNPROFESSIONALISM  was just too much to take! 

The absolute worst thing, about our whole experience was the fact she couldn't get our order straight!! One phone call, she said our package had flowers, the next time it didn't include flowers!!! When it was all said and done she charged MORE than she originally quoted us! 

One of the worst experiences I have EVER had with a business!!! I highly suggest if you are considering using this company for your wedding you spend a little extra and go somewhere else!!! It's really not worth the hassle and disappointment!

Reception Venue: The Eagles Nest- A+++++++++++
As horrible as our Officiant was, the BEST part of our wedding was the RECEPTION!!!! 

Bill was SO HELPFUL, KIND, and SWEET through the whole planning process!!! He was also very PROFESSIONAL and ORGANIZED!!! 

Not only was Bill amazing, the restaurant itself was SPECTACULAR!!! The view was BREATHTAKING, the food was PHENOMENAL,  the decor was BEAUTIFUL, and the service and value went ABOVE AND BEYOND everyone's expectations!!!

I cannot stress enough how awesome our experience with Bill and The Eagles' Nest was!!! Bill was so great, he learned almost everyone's name at the wedding reception, talk about making everyone feel special!!!

Everyone from our wedding is STILL talking about how much they loved The Eagles' Nest and Bill, now that is impressive!!!

I highly recommend The Eagles' nest for any occasion! I can't wait to go back to celebrate our anniversary!!!

Mani/Pedis: Prefectly Polished Nail Spa- A
My wedding party and I had our nails done the day of the wedding at Perfectly Polished and LOVED it, I called and made and appointment for 8 ladies. They blocked off two hours for us, and told us to bring finger foods, and mimosas, They even let us bring our little Lhasa Apso dog to hang out!!! :) The mani/pedi special was $45 which is pretty good, especially for Tahoe.

Hotel: The Avalon Lodge- A+++++++
Such a sweet boutique hotel!! They were soooo accommodating and friendly!!! They really went above and beyond to make everyone feel welcome!! :)

Re: Vendor Reviews-South Lake Tahoe/Stateline

• Options
    Hi, Thanks for posting this information.  I'm considering a destination wedding at Lake Tahoe.  I was looking at the Lake of the Sky web site, but I had no idea if they were worth while or not.  Apparently, there are some issues that I don't think I want to deal with.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards