California-Inland Empire

Feeling very overwhelmed

I just started my planning and I am already feeling really stressed out.  I picked my wedding dress and already paid for it.  My bridesmaids dresses are done and picked out and a few of them have already paid for them.  I have the venue but havent even begun to make a guest list etc.  I dont even know where to start to be honest.  I was driving to work this morning and got an anxiety attack.  What is wrong with me.  I have been waiting my whole life for this.  But, I feel like I could scream!  Please help
Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Feeling very overwhelmed

• edited December 2011
    Breathe, relax! Try not to stress!
    How far are you from the wedding?
  • edited December 2011
    Anxiety is completely normal.  You're planning a one of the most important events in your life and you want it to be perfect.  You've likely never done this before for it's all new to you.  Don't worry, we're here fro support and help!

What to do about the guest list....do you have the price per meal, drink, etc from the venue?  If you do figure out what the budget for food is and go from there.  If you can afford say $4000 on food and each meal is $35 then you can invite 114 people.  With venue some add tax on top of gratituity when figuring out the total (keep that in mind). 

Make one list of everyone you want to invite no matter the # then start marking people off by least important until you get to the 114 that you are for sure going to invite (that's just a made up #).  That is your "A" list (close friends, family, etc).  Then make a "B" list of people you would like there but don't have to be.  This is your back up list if some people from the "A" list can't make it.  Only send the invites to the "A" list and send out to people on the "B" list as you find out who from "A" can't go.    

Hope that helps some!  Remember don't let people force you into inviting them.  Once you have your set # of guests DON'T BUDGE! 
    CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    BTW, vent, complain, stress, whatever all you want here.  We definitely understand when it comes to wedding things.  A lot of us here have been through it so who better to get support from than people who know exactly how you feel?
    CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    Omg I have had a very similar breakdown not that long ago. What made mine bad for me is my cousin is getting married a month before me and well we had talked and it threw me overboard. Again, its good to stress here, makes me feel normal.
  • SarahB0427SarahB0427 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone.  I think its because of other people are just being so pressuring and annoying to me.  Thank you Kasi.  I think I will make a A & B list that is very smart.  I made my guest list and it looks like I have 130 people so far and thats all close friends and family.  We actually know someone who is giving our venue to us for free so I guess we can afford to have as many people that we want.  Its just hard because some people I dont even want there im sure he will want there. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards