Pre-wedding Parties

Bachelorette Party Involvement Question!

So I've already put together the bridal shower guest list for my mom and MOH...but I'm confused on how much I'm supposed to be involved with my bachelorette party? Do I give my MOH a guest list for it to? Or tell her if there's someone specific I want to come? Is it just supposed to be for me and my bridesmaids? I feel like I should know these things, lol, but I don't!

Re: Bachelorette Party Involvement Question!

• You can invite whomever you want to your bachelorette party (usually it's close friends of yours), but they all have to be invited to the wedding.  I invited all of my bridesmaids as well as a few other friends.  For the guest list, just do as you did for the shower and give the host/hostess your list of who to invite.
    PitaPata Cat tickers Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_bachelorette-party-involvement-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:eff3f034-bd8b-4310-b357-7863c3352bb0Post:68dfe805-b367-4af9-829f-2e57bc27c3de">Re: Bachelorette Party Involvement Question!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>You can invite whomever you want to your bachelorette party</strong> (usually it's close friends of yours), but they all have to be invited to the wedding.  I invited all of my bridesmaids as well as a few other friends.  For the guest list, just do as you did for the shower and give the host/hostess your list of who to invite.
    Posted by GreenEire[/QUOTE]

Well, technically the person hosting can invite whoever they want to invite.  And you really shouldn't be hosting your own bachelorette party, so no, you can't invite whoever you want.

OP, it sounds like a friend/WP member is planning your bachelorette--you should talk to her about the guest list so that a) you ensure that anyone invited is also invited to the wedding, and b) you can suggest a guest list that includes the people you'd like present.  Hopefully she's asked for your input.
  • I told my MOH who I wanted to invite (she now lives out of town) I wanted to makesure everyone I wanted invited was.  I guess its up to you and your MOH. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards