Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Reception at the Philadelphia Airport Marriott... Any reviews?

Hi Everyone !
This is my first post :-) and I hope that I'm doing it right...
I am getting married in July 2011 and I don't really have anything booked as of yet. - Yes I'm starting to freak out ! - Has anyone been to a wedding or hosted their's at the Airport Mariott?
It's my favorite location thus far but I am hesitant to pull the trigger... I'd LOVE some feedback/reviews.

Thanks in advance !

Re: Reception at the Philadelphia Airport Marriott... Any reviews?

• Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm no help with your post but don't freak out.  If you're just starting out now, you have plenty of time.  Don't worry!  I have a 16 month engagement which is less time than you have now and sounds like you've already visited some venues.  I didn't start planning anything until after enjoying being engaged a couple of months.  You're ahead of schedule if you ask me.  You're doing great!  How many venues did you look at and which ones?

By the way, Congrats and welcome!
    Photobucket
  • kcross33kcross33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am actually really anal and I looked at 15 (insane I know!) venues.
    My favorites were the Mendenhall Inn, The Radnor Hotel, The Oaks Ballroom, The Merion (in Jersey), and the Airport Marriott. The Marriott has everything that I'm looking for but I'm still hesitant to book.

I am 90% sure that we're going to pull the trigger but the original woman that I met with to view the space, and go over the details, moved to another location and I really didn't get the same vibe from her replacement. I know that this woman won't be the coordinator for the event but I think that I'm using this as an excuse... I'd love to hear some reviews to give me that extra push...but can't find any online. I just feel like I have nothing done and I'm starting to freak out because the time if flying by so fast !

Let me know if you have any favorites that you were thinking of looking at for your location, if they are different from the few above, and I'll let you know if I've seen them!!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, we're having ours at Inn at Penn in University City.  I've been to Mendenhall tons of times and it's beautiful!  I wanted to have ours there but it was booked.  I know my parents attended at wedding at the Mariott Airport location so I can ask my Mom what she thought.  Honestly, I remember her having some negative things to say...can't remember what it was though.  I don't think it had to do with the space though.  I'll ask her and let you know.

What was it that you loved about this location?  It sounds like you have made up your mind but are scared to make the wrong decision.  Sometimes I wish I would have looked around more but I was so anxious to find a place b/c a lot of places I wanted were booking up fast.
    Photobucket
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I remember...she said the parking at the airport mariott was terrible.  That was the only thing.  To add:  my mom doesnt always say bad things lol...she only mentioned it to me when we were weighing options for my wedding :-)
    Photobucket
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the feedback ! Please let me know if your Mom remembers anything else that she didn't like there. I do have a little concern with the parking but I am  hoping that since it'll be July that we won't have that much of a problem with parking (fingers crossed!).

Good Luck with the Inn at Penn, I haven't been there but have never heard anything bad about it.

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    To be honest, I wouldn't worry about parking.  Guests figure it out.  I just talked to my mom about it and she just said it was a hassle trying to find where non overnight guests park and then there was a $25 parking fee.  Then they had to walk a little bit.
    She did say that it was a beautiful reception though.  It is also a great place if you have guests from OOT b/c the airport is right there :-)

Our venue charges for parking but we decided to pay for it for this reason. 

I think if your gut tells you to book there, you should do it!  I think you know when something feels right for you.  Good luck!
    Photobucket
  • mare312mare312 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't post on here much, mainly lurk, but I saw your post and had to respond.  I am having my wedding at the airport Marriott on April 24th.  
    I have nothing but positive things to say about my experience with them thus far.  Any specific questions I'd be happy to answer! Feel free to email me oobiemail@ymail.com
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG ! This is fantastic news :-)

I never post either, just read through posts but for some reason I'm hesitant to book at the Marriott and I think that it's because I don't hear much about it.

I will definitely email you directly. Thanks so much !!
  • IFEFADIFEFAD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board, and congrats on your engagement. I attended a wedding there last year and it was BEAUTIFUL. I am a true believer that a location/reception is what you make of it as far as appearance. I have been to 2 different weddings in 1 location and they look totally different based on the decor.  I am somewhat new to the board myself and just booked my reception location yesterday
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks for your input, that makes me feel a lot better to hear some good feedback !

I appreciate you taking the time to reply and with all of the posts that I've received so far it's making me feel a lot better about my selection.

Congrats on your engagement and booking !!

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you StacyLynn702 ! I appreciate your feedback and I'm not sure when your Mom was there but they told me that parking is free :-)
    So maybe this is a new part of the package that they offer!(?) 
    With that being said, I have been there and know what your Mom is saying. The first time that I was there I thought the parking and walking was a pain in the butt! But once I sat down with them and they told me that the parking was free for all guests, it immediately made me feel better about it :-)

I just said this earlier, but I am feeling much better and less hesitant that I had when I first posted my question originally and I thank you  !!
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding there 3 years ago. I took a cab from Center City so I can't speak of the parking situation. I thought the food and drinks were good, not exceptional, but good. The cocktail hour was a bit packed...I think they had about 250 guests and only 2 bartenders...not a good idea. I think within the hour we only had one cocktail because the lines were so long. The ballroom is nice and service was decent. It wasn't overwhelmingly different or beautiful but we still had a nice time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards