Rhode Island

Toria Dolce

Hello all
Has anyone had any type of experience with this vendor or ordered their cake through them? Rants/Raves?
Thanks !

Re: Toria Dolce

• edited December 2011
    I used Victoria for my wedding cake and loved working with her.  She did a phenomenal job.  I asked her to replicate my parents' wedding cake and she exceeded my expectations.  We had lemon cake with lemon curd and fresh raspberries, and hazelnut cake and passionfruit mousse filling, and buttercream frosting that she made super sweet because I like my frosting very sweet.  Other bakeries refused to mess with their recipes, so I was thrilled that she would work with what we wanted.  My cake was actually a dummy cake, and sheets cakes were served.  So I actually got to keep the top of my cake as a keepsake, and it was a bit damaged on the ride home from the venue and she is fixing it for me.  Oh, and she'll bake you a brand new cake in your wedding flavors for your 1 year anniversary.  I love her and her work.  Here's a picture from my wedding.  Obv, me and my hubby are on the left and my mom and dad are on the right.  As you can see, she nailed the cake.  It was one of my favorite parts of the wedding.
    <br />
    [IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/2zjjd5g.jpg[/IMG]
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the feedback and your cake was beautiful.  When the time comes im def planning on setting up a cake tasting with her.  Thanks again
  • edited December 2011
    I met with her and wasn't blown away by the cake or the fillings.  I waited and waited for a quote from her, never got one.  She called me at 9pm on a Friday and left a message that basically said, I haven't heard from you, are you booking me or not??  I called back to explain that I was still waiting for my quote - but since 2 months had passed, I went with someone else. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • hollygb22hollygb22 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I met with her.

Her cake was okay, but the price was higher than 2 other cake vendors I met with.

Same experience as pp

Met with her, she said a sketch and contract would be in the mail within a week, I never got anything. She called me 6 weeks later (same deal...on a friday night at 9:30) asking me what I was doing. I told her I hadn't booked a cake vendor but also hadn't gotten anything from her...i didn't even have a sketch. She said it'd be in the mail

i never got anything and booked elsewhere

• hollygb22hollygb22 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I met with her.

Her cake was okay, but the price was higher than 2 other cake vendors I met with.

Same experience as pp

Met with her, she said a sketch and contract would be in the mail within a week, I never got anything. She called me 6 weeks later (same deal...on a friday night at 9:30) asking me what I was doing. I told her I hadn't booked a cake vendor but also hadn't gotten anything from her...i didn't even have a sketch. She said it'd be in the mail

i never got anything and booked elsewhere

• smitbreitsmitbreit member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used her for my cake-loved her!
  • edited December 2011
    I seem to remember a lot of brides on here who were worried they hadn't gotten sketches and couldn't get hold of her and their weddings were approaching, but that was around the time she was opening her tea room. I met her at the bridal show at the Crowne Plaza right after Thanksgiving and signed up for her to contact me but she still hasn't and I saw her again at the Quidnessett show Jan. 17 and she said she was very backed up and hadn't gotten to calling people yet. I guess I can understand being busy over the holidays but you'd think things would slow down for her in January. I can only imagine how busy she is during wedding season. That, plus previous things I'd seen posted here, makes me worry.
  • edited December 2011
    I am using her for our wedding in May and absolutely love her!  Her price for our cake was actually much lower than other bakeries we had gone to (namely Scrumptions and Cappaccinos which were pretty pricey to begin with).  However, it is true she is not very punctual, she does reply to e-mails promptly but we are still waiting on our sketch of the cake (and we booked her in November).  I think for the money we are getting a really exquisite (and delicious) cake.  Her tearoom is also the cutest place ever, we are having my bridal shower there in March and I can't wait!
  • edited December 2011
    Hello Ladies,
    This is Victoria and I would just like the chance to clear up some details.......first let me thank Kelly, Victoria and Katharyn for their compliments, they are greatly appreciated.......second, to Jennifer and Holly, at the time we met, we went over details of your cake(but you still were not decided on the total design of the cake)and I explained that only if you booked with me(and you had to call and tell me that you were actually booking with me) would you then receive a contract and sketch......but I never heard back from either of you so that is why I called to find out if you were still considering my services.........Kristen, I do apologize for not contacting you yet and I do hope that I have not worried you......I am still catching up from last year(my mom passed away while I was trying to open my cafe/tearoom)and doing the best that I can.........I only do three or four cakes a weekend and I do 9/10ths of the work myself, so again I apologize for being behind in my paperwork........Katharyn, your day is secure so I will do my best to get your contract and sketch to you this week........I apologize to all brides who have contacted me and have not heard from me yet.......I can assure you that I am doing the best that I can......I fully admit that punctuality concerning certain areas is not my strong point, but I am working on it.........it is a necessity in this business and I fully realize that. Marissa, I do hope that we will get to meet for a cake tasting and that you don't feel that I have written this in anger.......I just really needed to set some details straight......1)cake tasting....2)confirmed booking...3)contract and sketch
    I know I have opened up a big ol' can of worms and that there will be responses to my post, so if you would like to discuss anything with me in detail, please do so by emailing me...VictoriaKenyon@ToriaDolce.com.
    Thank you for allowing me this posting.
    Victoria Kenyon
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards