New York-Hudson Valley

Frustrated with booking a venue

Hello!
   Does anyone else feel that the prices are RIDIC per person for a nice venue?  I have my guest list out to 175 people.  All I really want is a nice place, thats nice on the inside and outside (and not cheesey looking), and can have a view of water.  And I am getting so frustrated with what is out there in Westchester County and Fairfield County.  Has anyone else felt like this? I'm ready to either elope or have a backyard bbq at this point.

Re: Frustrated with booking a venue

• MidgetteMidgette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What price range are you looking to spend per person?
    When are you looking to have the wedding?
    What about the venues on the strip in New Rochelle?

• lawyer707lawyer707 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    what is your price range and are you open to hudson valley locations other than westchester and fairfield county?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • lawyer707lawyer707 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_frustrated-booking-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:ff0d40ed-e5e0-49e2-bf50-e6b6b97db455Post:93eeee26-919e-4b6f-80a4-5bbb66231ea0">Re: Frustrated with booking a venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]What price range are you looking to spend per person? When are you looking to have the wedding? What about the venues on the strip in New Rochelle?
    Posted by Midgette[/QUOTE]

great minds think alike huh midgette?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • MidgetteMidgette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_frustrated-booking-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:ff0d40ed-e5e0-49e2-bf50-e6b6b97db455Post:8343d0f3-c09b-404e-b059-b47cd2f13406">Re: Frustrated with booking a venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Frustrated with booking a venue : great minds think alike huh midgette?
    Posted by lawyer707[/QUOTE]

<div>umm cause we are the bestest! ;)</div>

• cusi229cusi229 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    already looked at all the places on the strip in new rochelle.  my price range is 100 - 125 a head.  and i really like a july wedding.  so far the average price i have been seeing is 150 and up.  and we are paying for the majority of the wedding. 
    guess i just am starting to feel a little discouraged because besides the reception there is a ton of other things to still pay for.
  • MYLOVE315MYLOVE315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you looking for a Saturday only?
     Friday nights and Sunday's tend to be less costly...Also having a day wedding.

I had to bite the bullet myself. I'm getting married at 11:00 in the morning...much to my dismay but I had to compromise. My FI fell in love w/ the venue and then I had to take 2 days to wrap my brain around the fact that I have to get up @ 5:30 in the morning on my wedding day in order to be ready for pics at 9....but ya do what ya gotta do.

Hope this helps somewhat?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • weddnoviceweddnovice member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    These might be a little North for you, but the prices might be worth it:

The Dutchess Manor in Beacon, NY has reasonable prices and is on the water:

http://www.dutchessmanor.com/

Also the Grandview in Poughkeepsie, NY

http://www.grandviewevents.com/

Also on the other side of the River is West Point with the Thayer Hotel and the West Point Club - both have water views.  Just know that all your guests will have to present Photo Id upon entering.

http://www.thethayerhotel.com/

http://www.westpointmwr.com/ACTIVITY/WPC/index.HTM

Good luck!

• edited December 2011
    As pp said, Dutchess Manor will work something out around that price point.

Grandview will be a bit more for a Saturday night. (But not sure if you already added tax and gratuity to your 100-125 pp. If you did then Grandview will go over, if you did not, then Grandview will work.)

Chalet on the Hudson is also on the water and has great food!

And as already said, Friday, Sunday and Saturday DAY weddings are always less expensive than Saturday night.

Finally, how important is having a water view? LOTS of beautiful places exist in the area at the price point you are looking for, but they just aren't waterside.

GL! HTH!
  • ambellina13ambellina13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree, try the other side of the river!  We checked out Nyack seaport in Nyack (might be too small) and View on the Hudson in Piermont.  Both were right on the water!  There is also Anthony's Pier 9 in Newburgh, NY.

we were looking at sundays in a peak season, and they were all fairly affordable for this area!
  • cusi229cusi229 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks guys appreciate it :)
  • edited December 2011
    you said with a water view....i think its called the candlewood inn? on candlewood lake....i went to see it and it was gorgeous! i want to say the price was about 100 per person...i went a few months ago....we wound up picking a dif place though...
  • yoko2011yoko2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

The people at the Nyack Seaport were really nice when I called and very helpful - the man spent a lot of time answering questions, etc. Unfortuatnely stil out of my range for my number but they're in your price range so it may be worth a call. GL

• katiefinn03katiefinn03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having my wedding at the Tarrytown Doubletree.  It doesn't have a waterview but I found the prices to be the best around. ($100 per person plus service fees for the middle package) There is an indoor/outdoor cocktail space with a pretty fireplace on both sides (perhaps not needed for a summer wedding mine is in October) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards