Not Engaged Yet

I'm nervous for tomorrow, Sort of TMI

I know I haven't posted in awhile, but I'm nervous about my GI appointment tomorrow. Some of you know that I had a colonoscopy a year or two ago. Well, they found some growths and I was supposed to get surgery to remove them and have them biopsied, but I never did. I' m have pain in my abdomen in the same spot as before, but it is worse and happens a lot more . It is also on the other side of my abodomen this time too. I'm nervous that they are going to tell me I need surgery and I am nervous to have the growths biopsied. I don't like going to the doctor, if you can't tell. Send good thoughts my way please. 
"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury 

Re: I'm nervous for tomorrow, Sort of TMI

• I will be sending lots of vibes, and thoughts and prayers your way!! <3 *hugs*

• Sending out vibes to you that everything is ok!

Anniversary

• Vibes for you!
  • Oh Rae! I totally hear you about being horrified of the doctor. I try to remind myself that no matter how much I freak out, the doc usually has my best interests at heart. Here is my advice I'm ridiculous at docs but go fairly often so I have a system 1. Bring a book or music or a smartphone for the waiting room/ waiting for the doc. I'm always nervous then and have passed out in the waiting room it's better if I just distract myself 2. Bring a list of questions. Take notes. Don't make any big decisions until your review the notes away from the white coat. It also may help to ask a trusted person in your life for advice on big decisions. 3. Tell your nurse you're terrified. Sometimes they laugh it off, but a lot of them warn the doc so that he/she takes things a little more slowly. 4. Good luck! I know the doc can be scary especially when you didn't follow his/her advice last time but hopefully once you fix this now you will be good to go for awhile!
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Oh Rae that sucks! I'll be praying for you! *hugs*  Keep us updated?
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• What great advice, Blue & White!

Rae, my sympathies that you are still dealing with this health issue.  Know that I will keep you in my thoughts and am sending positive vibes straight to you!

• Thank you ladies, it is appreciated. I'll keep you guys updated. 
    "You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury 
  • I hope things go smoothly today and that you get a simple answer rather than something scary and ugly. Prayers to you at this difficult time.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Sending good vibes your way...maybe you can talk to your primary doctor about getting something to calm you down if you have to continue to go to the GI (I hope you don't)?  I was super nervous going to the GI as well so I feel your pain.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards