February 2013 Weddings

Representing the groom.

Hey ladies! Just wondering how you are all adding touches to your wedding to represent both you and the groom? As I'm making plans and pinning on pintrest, its all looking very girly. Thanks!

Re: Representing the groom.

• mrsmtothekmrsmtothek member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2012
    The most obvious representation of my groom is in his groom's cake! That is 100% him. Otherwise most of our wedding decor is very classic and traditional. But to be perfectly honest we both love it, it represents both of us, and it isn't motorcycles and beer all up in your face. We just got our invites in last week which was a total collaboration from both of us, and he's super excited (as am I) to how they came out. Don't worry about things being "girly". Include him as much as he wants and allows so he knows in every decision you're thinking about him--even if you make a decision that isn't based on what he wants! ;) 
  • For our part, I would say our entire setting and decor for the wedding is pretty neutral, since it's in a jazz cabaret. FI and his groomsmen had a lot of fun finding suits that have a ''vintage mob'' feeling and I know fedoras and long jackets are planned for our pictures outside. Honestly, I'm really glad there is no smoking allowed in our hall because it would almost have a vintage men's tavern atmosphere!! lol
  • edited September 2012
    Aside from my outfit & the flowers, We've tried to make everything more "us" than "me".  Our centerpieces will be floating candles (my zodiac is fire, his is water), and he requested some kind of running water at the venue (the foundry used to make beams for bridges, so they have a litlte creek with a tiny sample bridge outside, perfect for photos!) and fire at the ceremony (still working on that, venue has a lot of restrictions on flame), and he picked most of the menu since I'm vegetarian.  I will admit, the cake topper is mostly "me": I had it made based on a fictional couple I really like.

ETA: Oh, and 90% of the registry is more for me, but that's because I'm the cook and <3 fun food gadgets!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited September 2012
    We are getting married on te beach RIGHT next to a big kiteboarding spot ...his favorite hobby. He's so excited about how close we are to his favorite place on the beach. He's not been as into planning decor stuff, but he did express a preference for turquoise chair ribbons and it was his idea to do our custom bobbleheads for the cake.
  • Our Groom's cake is also very much my fiance. He loves the simpsons and so it is going to be a simpson's cake. We are also having flowers as part of our centerpiece and we are using a white rose which is his faternity's flower. My fiance is choosing the music (he is a music person with a BA in music). We have also been thinking of using his guitar case as our holder for cards.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2013-weddings_representing-the-groom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3a41aca6-a01d-4389-ae9d-4d0ec4c1d0faDiscussion:403f3a6c-58b6-44cd-8755-32ad68c91d5fPost:69f9a478-e3f1-4dab-aa40-588e193d6d80">Re: Representing the groom.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our Groom's cake is also very much my fiance. He loves the simpsons and so it is going to be a simpson's cake. We are also having flowers as part of our centerpiece and we are using a white rose which is his faternity's flower. My fiance is choosing the music (he is a music person with a BA in music). We have also been thinking of using his guitar case as our holder for cards.
    Posted by frig05[/QUOTE]

<div>I love the idea for a guitar case as a holder!! Have you thought of anything for a guest book yet? Might be cool to have your guests sign a guitar as well :) Just a thought!</div>
  • My FI really doesn't care about the decor of the wedding but I am trying to incorporate his favorite colors (red and black) into my sunset themed colors in a way where it doesn't look ridiculous.  I want my girls to carry parasols instead of flowers and I may have a "Just Married" parasol made...red parasol, black lettering with white outline and our wedding date 2/23/13 written where the 23 is bigger than the other number since that's his favorite number.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to Re:Representing the groom.:[QUOTE]My FI really doesn't care about the decor of the wedding but I am trying to incorporate his favorite colors red and black into my sunset themed colors in a way where it doesn't look ridiculous.nbsp; I want my girls to carry parasols instead of flowers and I may have a quot;Just Marriedquot; parasol made...red parasol, black lettering with white outline and our wedding date 2/23/13 written where the 23 is bigger than the other number since that's his favorite number. Posted by Julyet06[/QUOTE]

I love the parasol idea! Both yours and the ones for your ladies So cute!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards