Wedding Reception Forum

Champagne Tost

I'm planning on having a champage toast at the reception, however there are a couple guests that are recovering alcoholics.How do I handle a delicate situation? Do I provide a non-alcohol option? I don't want to bring attention to them either.

Re: Champagne Tost

• Instead of doing a champagne toast, just do a regular drink toast. That way people can drink what they want and still participate in the toast.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2013
    We had a sparkling wine toast and anyone who didn't want it just declined and toasted with the beverage they already had. I don't think that calls attention to anyone b/c even non-alcoholics might decline it. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • At my friend's wedding, before the toast, someone went around and put a bottle of champagne, as well as a bottle of sparkling cider on each table. Guests then had the option to use the champagne, the sparkling cider, or neither. I think this would work perfectly in this situation.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards