Arizona-Tucson

Tucson Knottie Update/Introduction

So I noticed there is a spike of activity on here lately.  I've been engaged for over a year now, and I'm curious as to which Tucson brides are on the boards now. 

I'm Jen.  Got engaged last September.  Original wedding date was set for this November, but its now officially March 6.  We're having it at Tanque Verde Ranch Resort.  Colors are dark navy and pale pink.  Big upcoming project is putting together our invitations, which I want to mail out the first week of January.  

How about the rest of you?  :)

Re: Tucson Knottie Update/Introduction

• edited December 2011
    Hi Jen!

I've been officially engaged for over a month. Smile

At this point we don't know what the heck we're doing. Our original plan was July 2011, in Tucson @ The El Conquistador. Colors something in the realm blues and greens.

However...

My FI is Hindu, so we are waiting for a wedding date to be determined by the priest. We think he can determine the best date in July. We wish to be married in July so I can be ready to head back to school (ie, to get in the health insurance plan before I quit my job). 

As for location.... FI's dad said he won't go to Tucson. It has to be in Houston (where my FI was raised) or in India... FI's dad has stated he'll boycott it otherwise. Meanwhile, my mom wants our ceremony in Tucson; I grew up in T-town. Thus, mom says we can have TWO ceremonies.... a civil ceremony 1st in Tucson and then the Hindu ceremony in Houston after. This all came about over Thanksgiving weekend.

The last suggestion was to have the wedding in San Jose..... because FI and me live in the Bay Area.

I'm ready to just go to the city (or county) hall.

Yell
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • dvanessdvaness member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello knotties!

Im Darlene, and ive been engaged for 5 months...Our wedding date is aug.6, and we are doing it at Saguaro Buttes.  Ive just started interviewing photographers, and florists...as far as the invitations, i have a apt. with celebrations ink, but im leaning more on just doing them myself.  If you guys have any questions, or suggestions, feel free to write... and good luck to everyone!!!!!!!!!  Never realized how much work this would be.
  • edited December 2011

Hello My name is Montaya I have been engaged for almost 6 months. My wedding date is 01/01/2011 were are getting married at the San Pedro Chapel in the old fort lowell neighborhood. Our wedding colors are gray and watermelon. It's kind of a destantion wedding because we live in Tempe, Az.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    @Montaya: I LOVE San Pedro Chapel.  I'd love to see pictures of it!  

@Aquarian--I know the feeling. lol  I was this close to just saying screw it and eloping. lol
  • edited December 2011
    Hello everyone!

My name is Britni and I have been engaged for almost 2 months now. My wedding date is October 20, 2012. We are getting married at the Saddle Brooke country club outside against the gorgeous mountains. We are having a handfasting ceremony and have barely just started looking into places for photographers and florists. My wedding colors are royal blue and black with silver accents.
  • edited December 2011
    Hey Everyone!

My name is Monica, I got engaged on Mother's Day this past May. Yep, we have a daughter already, she'll be 15 months Dec 22nd. Our date is October 1, 2011 and we're having it at the Z (mansion). Our colors are charcoal gray with accents of different shades of purple.  So far we have the Photographer booked, next up I think are going to be the caterer and the DJ. 

Good luck to all of you!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi, My name is Mitsuko... and I'm a knotoholic. haha  FH and I have been engaged for about a month or so. He could tell you the exact date and length. However, I'm not good about remember anniversaries and such. I do know we're getting married July 28, 2011 in San Diego at the Admiral Kidd Conference Center. I'm horribly indecisive and have yet to pick out colors. I'm thinking blue/green because FH's favorite color is green. Then I think of flowers and can't envision just blue and green. So I've yet to decide and I'm considering just putting picking colors at random (i.e: out of a hat.) I've begun dress shopping and that's been fun and tiring. I realized this all would be a lot of work, and that's why I've said I never wanted a wedding. However, now that I've started I really am enjoying it. It's been great getting advice from other brides to be and  it's been nice meeting you all. :)
  • edited December 2011
    hi everyone!
    I've been engaged for almost a year now.. Our wedding date is June 3rd 2011.  We're having a catholic ceremony and then reception at the Tucson Botanical Gardens. i dont have bridesmaids and i don't have colors. I have NOTHING planned besides the day and place. I currently live on the other side of the world and i am basically trying to plan this wedding by email.. i'm coming to tucson for christmas this year and then i won't be back until i come to get married.  so basically i have to plan my entire wedding by myself in the 10 days i'll be in tucson for christmas..  (can you just feel the stress though my writing!??) aaahh!
    But it's been really nice to hear all of you're guys' planning too! it's nice to have some sort of reference point!

• edited December 2011
    Saddlebrook is BEAUTIFUL.  FI has family out there.  I'm excited to see pictures of the weddings done there!  :)
  • edited December 2011
    I went to go look at it a few weeks ago it is amazing! And April the banquet manager is a WONDERFUL woman and I am looking foreward to working with her. We are going to do our ceremony at sunset with the colors reflecting off of the mountains..It's going to be amazing :) I will definately have to post some pics afterwards :)
  • edited December 2011
    H

i!!! My name is Darcei. I am not officially engaged yet but have a set wedding date for Feb. 29, 2012. I will be having my wedding at Tucson National Omni Resort. It is so friendly and warm. Plus my honey and I like golfing so it makes things easy. I have a question for you all..... I have tried out one bakery so far and it wasn't bad but it didn't have that "wow" factor, if you know what I mean. Do any of you have suggestions?

• edited December 2011
    We are getting married at the Tanque Verde Ranch on April 16. As we are from the east coast we tried to do most of the arrangements when we where out for Thanksgiving. Still need to finalise a photographer and hair/nails etc.
    Our colors are brown and green (color of the ranch!)
  • edited December 2011

Hi! I'm Kaitlin, and I've been engaged for about 2 months. I definitely haven't started planning a darn thing, except for checking out all the outrageous prices online! For those of you planning on Tanque Verde Guest Ranch, have you found the prices to be reasonable, or along the same scale as most other resorts (ie. waaayyyy out of our price range)? Just wondering since I haven't seen prices on their website. Also, if anyone else has found a great place for the bride on a budget, please help me!!! Haha!

• edited December 2011
    Hi, I'm Christina and I've been engaged for about 5 months. I haven't really done too much with the wedding planning, I booked the venue (Stillwell House on Oct, 22) and photographer (Leigh Preuss/Ryan Hammond). We're taking our engagment photos this weekend so I'm currently thinking of what kind of pictures we want and what to wear. I'm hoping to start making appointments to try on wedding dresses here in the next month or so, suggestions would be helpful..thinking about checking out Maya Palace. We are also going to check out a band later this month, we're not dancers so a DJ is out of the question for us. If anyone has any suggestions for bands that would be really helpful!
  • Katiec7Katiec7 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi I'm Katie and I've been engaged now for about 3 months. We fell in love with Hacienda Del Sol but we are trying frantically to fall in love with a cheaper venue. We want to have the ceremony and reception in the same place and I have been doing everything I can think of DIY and trying to cut some corners. We want to get married in September of 2012. Our guest list is chopped down to 50 ppl so that will help. We want an outdoor wedding and ceremony that is not restricted by time. Haceienda was able to do this if we made sure the inner courtyard was booked by us so we didn't disturb those guests. If anyone has suggestions of other venues that may have some of these features at a lower price I would greatly appreciate it. I spoke to Tanque Verde Guest Ranch before the holidays and she was just about to tkae a vacation so hopefully in a month or so we can check their facilties out. It is nice to hear and meet all of you and thanks for being so helpful and open about all of your wedding information!
  • edited December 2011
    Hey Ya'll, I'm Elizabeth and I'm a DIY bride.  We're getting married this March at Reid Park Zoo...you can even rent the little train to tote your guests around!  We made our own STD postcards using Gimp (free Photoshop-like software) and made our invitations as well.  Working on all the crafty projects has been a lot of fun for us and a great way to shrug off the stress of planning all these pesky details...ick.  We're using some of the vendors from Z Mansion...Smokin' Hochs Catering has some to-die-for dishes!
  • sbcbussbcbus member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi All,
    I'm Sarah and I've been engaged just over a year -- we just booked the church and venue (Westward Look) for our wedding March 17, 2012.  I'm in law school in Columbus and my fiance is in dental school in Cleveland, so we'll be trying to do as much long-distance planning as possible and while in Tucson on breaks.  Priorities right now are finding an affordable DJ and photographer (if anyone has suggestions!).
  • Tina515Tina515 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My name is Tina and I'm getting married at Saddle Brooke's Country Club as well! April is aewsome and i went to High School with Matt, the catering manager, so it's nice having a familiar face :-) Our date is 11-12-11 and our colors are teal and burnt orange. We are doing mostly teal, with the orange brought in through the flowers and a few accents. I didn't want any leaves or pumpkins or other typical fall elements, so i figured i could bring the season in with the flowers.

We've pretty much determined the menu, I'm using a friend for the photography (idophotography.com - she's awesome and a total professional) and we are using magnetstreet.com for STDs and Invites.  My big focus right now is getting the DJ and florist!

For the other bride getting married at Saddle Brooke, are you using the alcove, or the risen area? I thought there were too many trees in the background of those areas to really get a good view of the mountains, so i was going to have the ceremony in front of the break in the trees tot he right of the riser. But now i'm starting to worry about the big lightpole thats right in the middle of that break. You mentioned that you're going to have the mountains right behind you at sunset, so i'm curious which area of the lawn you chose.

Great to meet all you other Tucson brides!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • christi4christi4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, Im Christine I've been engaged about 9 months our wedding is March 26, 2011. We are getting married at Stardance Center and our colors are also navy and light pink. Jacob Chinn is our photographer and he is great, we did our engagement session and I loved his pictures. 
  • talismanchtalismanch member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi everyone!

My name is Lissa and I've been engaged for over a year.  I've just gotten over being really sick, so I'm not on the boards as much as I used to be, but I peek my head in here once and a while. We're getting married on March 19, 2011 at Tanque Verde Guest Ranch.  I've lately been playing catch-up with school, work, and, of course wedding planning!  All the major things are done, but there are so many details.  I'm going to be out of town for 3 of the next 8 weeks leading up to our wedding, so combined with having been out of the game for 2 months I am in slight panic mode!  We got our first RSVP card back today, which is really exciting.  My priorities right now are figuring out hair and makeup, finalizing the ceremony, and filling out the extremely detailed questionnaire the dj sent us.  I'm so glad to see the increased activity on the Tucson boards!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Ladies,

My name is Sara and we've been engaged since Sept 09.  Our wedding is Feb 26, 2011 (30 days!) and we are getting married in Sahuarita by the Sahuarita Park Lake.  My wedding colors are chocolate and cranberry.   Oure reception is at the Rancho Sahuarita Clubhouse.  What started off as a small 'friends and family' wedding is now a full ~170 and counting. :)

We have Tony's Italian Deli catering (VERY BUDGET FRIENDLY), Neal Kreuser photography (he is awesome), invites from www.123printing (also very budget friendly).  The cake, flowers, and DJ are all being done by friends. 

So that's where I'm at currently. Now if I can just get people to send back their RSVP cards by Feb 1st I'll be set! :)

• desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Hi Girls!

I got married in July 2010 at Reflections at the Buttes. The link for my married bio is in my siggy.

I mostly hang out on the Not Engaged Yet board and only check in over here occasionally, so if you have questions, feel free to page me over there.  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards