Wedding Etiquette Forum

Mortified

2»

Re: Mortified

• Kelly, no worries.  I don't mind it, and sometimes it's funny, but folks were actually re-hashing the same old schit with her in multiple threads happening simultaneously.  I was trying to find something fun to lurk and every active thread was some version of:

Normal Poster:  "NYU, please stop bleeding all over us with your daddy issues, we know you want to ban his girlfriend/wife/whatever from your wedding but that really doesn't mean you should be running around the board telling everyone and anyone to invite NO GIRLFRIENDS EVER, that's just plain rude to friends and family in serious, non-engaged, non-living-together relationships."

NYU:  EMILY POST SAYS YOU DON'T HAVE TO INVITE GIRLFRIENDS.  ALL GIRLFRIENDS ARE WHORES WHO CHEATED OR ENCOURAGED A MAN TO CHEAT.  NO GIRLFRIENDS ALLOWED.  WHEEE!!!!!!

I'll admit though, it's really just my own issue - I get all excited when I see active threads around here lately, and I'm routinely disappointed when it's just NYU running amok with her Emily Post and her daddy issues yet again.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • edited August 2013
    Post removed due to GBCK
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• In Response to Re:Mortified:[QUOTE]Do you want to show where I ever used language you are saying I did.nbsp; Posted by NYUgirl100[/QUOTE]

Missing the point, party of you.
  • edited August 2013
    Post removed due to GBCK

Anniversary

• What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Do you really not understand what I was doing there? If so, I am extremely glad I did not waste 120,000 on an NYU education and went elsewhere for college for free.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Also, NYU, you seem to be operating under the assumption throughout this thread that, if not for us mean betches on E telling her to invite all SOs, Pele would not have felt bad about this situation. I have seen Pele's posts and am pretty familiar with her, and the reason she felt bad, I will bet, had ZERO to do with what this board thinks and everything to do with the fact that, as a gracious hostess, she felt bad about accidently putting someone in an awkward position. Some of us actually care about how our actions impact our family and friends and are guided accordingly, regardless of what Emily Post might say on the subject.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
  • Aw, thanks Steph.  But I also do really love the 'mean betches' here.  You guys are the best ^_^

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_mortified-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:93dea6ce-e88d-4a90-9194-8338368c09c2Post:e97aa113-18d3-410f-b20d-d78316eb1c9f">Re:Mortified</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also, NYU, you seem to be operating under the assumption throughout this thread that, if not for us mean betches on E telling her to invite all SOs, Pele would not have felt bad about this situation. I have seen Pele's posts and am pretty familiar with her, and the reason she felt bad, I will bet, had ZERO to do with what this board thinks and everything to do with the fact that, as a gracious hostess, she felt bad about accidently putting someone in an awkward position. Some of us actually care about how our actions impact our family and friends and are guided accordingly, regardless of what Emily Post might say on the subject.
    Posted by StephBeanWed61502[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>::golf claps::</div>

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards