Florida-South Florida

Ugh NWR vent

so it's no big secret I hate my job. It's not what I want to do and I'm bored out of my mind and feel I get zero respect even though I have an advanced degree and should get some. Well I went on an interview two weeks ago for a city job that I would love. I got along amazing with the teo guys I would be working for mainly and was really excited about it. The problem was the board of commissioners for this city had just changed and they were being really conservative budget wise, so they didn't know what they could offer me. They both said inwas their top choice but they didn't know if they could get me a livable salary. I was set up on this interview through an old boss and basically it was like they are looking to hire - the details aren't figured out yet but go meet them. So I've been waiting to hear and I just received an email from the guy that would be my boss saying the board is unwilling to go any higher than under half my salary now. We've done the numbers, we'd be really really struggling if my salary cut by more than in half. The guy who would be my boss actually said it was ridiculous and he does not want me to take it at that salary because he thinks it's completely unfair and way too low! Agreed! He said he'd bring it up to the commission again maybe at their December meeting and see if they will move at all. I'm just so bummed!! I really thought I was getting out of my job now, and I was sooo willing to take a pay cut for it but not by more than half! Ugh thanks for letting me vent cause I cant vent at work or they'd know I was looking for something else! Haha
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Ugh NWR vent

• Krysta6Krysta6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry your not getting out of there quickly! Hopefully in December they can offer you something better!
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry to hear this!! Hopefully something good will happen in December!! I hate being disappointed like that. :( Hang in there!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • JudeG20JudeG20 member
    edited December 2011
    You have to look at the positive side. They like you and they are trying their best to get you a better salary. I am sure  come December things will be positive. keeping my fingers crossed that it happens for you.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    image 157 Invited
    image 118 are ready to party! image 35 have better things to do image04 are lollygagging
    RSVP Date: March 31
  • Gissy4857Gissy4857 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear that. I hope they'll able to work out a better salary that will work for you come December. Sending positive vibes your way

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Rainbow17Rainbow17 member
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear that.  I'm in a complete job rut too, and I want out!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards