New York-Western

Shoes!

Where are you ladies getting your shoes from and where are you having your bridesmaids get theirs? Are you having your bridesmaids wear the same shoe?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Shoes!

• For my brother's wedding, we got our shoes at Dyed to Match, and we had ours dyed pink.  They were surprisingly really comfortable shoes.  We got to choose our own style.  For my best friend's wedding, we all got the same gold shoe from DSW.  I also got the shoes for my wedding at DSW.  I guess it all just depends on what look you want.  I told my girls to wear whatever silver shoe they may have had at home.  Their gowns were long, so it didn't really matter to me.
    Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but the amount of moments that take you breath away. - Anon
  • I bought my bridal shoes at Dyed to Match - love them!  My girls can wear whatever shoes they want, so I'm no help there...
  • degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012

I got my shoes from Zappos. I ordered 4 different shoes and picked the one I liked the best and sent the rest back, free of charge.

For my girls I told them to pick a sliver shoe. Some bought new ones, other went to their closet. I could have cared less. Personally I don't like the idea of someone picking a shoe out for me. Everyone feet are different and a shoe that fits you won't necessarily fit mine. That is why i let them pick their own shoes. Also if they had something in their closet that was just when less expense. Being in a wedding is expensive, so every little bit helps.

To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • i bought my shoes at dyed to match (though they wont need to be dyed. i just liked their selection)

my girls found shoes at DSW and with the coupon they were under $20 per girl =)
    They were these, but in black: http://www.dsw.com/shoe/kelly+.and.+katie+result+sandal+?prodId=dsw12prod3590076&brand=300191&isBrand=y&categoryName=Women%27s%20Shoes

my BM do have the same shoe, but only cuz they all happened to like it.  it looks nice since their dresses are shorter (in siggy).
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-western_shoes-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:622Discussion:4e5afac9-81cf-4a6c-ac58-ee43d304f5f4Post:8bc00777-9e5d-4d14-8f50-aa5906139aa9">Re: Shoes!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I bought my bridal shoes at Dyed to Match - love them!  My girls can wear whatever shoes they want, so I'm no help there...
    Posted by mrszeno34[/QUOTE]

Same for me.
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Do you have to make an appointment for Dyed to Match or can you just walk in?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I second Zappos.com!  I got my pink Kate Spade shoes there.  They have free shipping and free returns.  Also, you can search by color, heel height, designer, etc.  As for my bridesmaids, I asked them all to wear silver shoes.  I left the style up to them.
    8/6/11 ~ Happily Ever After!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards