Not Engaged Yet

Need some input :)

So ladies all the "big" wedding stuff is done now - Dress , invites are being sent out tomorrow , recetion location and wedding location done , etc.

FI and I were discussing how to let people know where the wedding is at. Because it's not an actual address that people can gps or mapquest , we were thinking of making a meeting spot where we would all go together in as few vehicles as possible, Me , FI , bridal party and guests.

We are staying at a lodge about 30 minutes away and it is the central location for the wedding event. The reception venue is across the stress basically and several people already have made reservations in the immediate area. We thought of sending out an email to everyone with a google maps link , address of the actual lodge and meeting time as well as our contact information. Since the area we are getting married in has limited parking because of the area - we will need to carpool anyway.

I don't want it to be tacky - that's my concern. It's NOT going all over facebook but do you think it's okay to send emails to people in this fashion to give them the details ? I know normally it's included with the invites but I couldn't figure out a good way to include it so blah I fail /><

One last thing is everyone keeps asking where we are registered. I refused to put that info with the invites , that just always bugged me , I just am feeling awkward about it now. I just don't want people to feel like they are obligated to give us anything..but maybe I am just paranoid. I am going to revise our registries this Tuesday and post a link to our  wedding webiste with the info so they have the choice if they wish.

I just would appreciate any opinions or thoughts or suggestions are welcome as well ! Thanks in advance.
Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Need some input :)

• edited December 2011
    A meeting place that people will actually be able to locate sounds like a good idea, especially since they will need to carpool. I don't think that sounds tacky at all. The only thing I would be worried about is those people who are late to everything making you late for the ceremony so I would make sure there are a couple people not in your party that know how to get there in case you need to leave ahead to get ready or whatever. Or just make sure you give yourself enough time
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agreed with Chippy ANDDDD

How about a little card(run and grab some cute stationary or e-mail it!) that has a little poem or something about where to meet and when.  Maybe something like...
    "The invites are sent, the dress has been bought,
    follow these directions and meet us at this spot.
    Across from our reception, a site to say I do,
    The bride and the groom are waiting for you.
    Don't worry about driving, directions or a site,
    your carriage awaits just meet us that night.

Please join Tafft & Tafft's man at ___p.m./a.m at (insert place name here).  Transportation to ceremony site will be provided."  Then you can have a little map at the bottom.  

*shurg*  I dunno about the wording but I got something like this for a wedding a few years ago and I thought it was a cute way to tell people where to go:)

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Paige omg I love you for that!! I was actually thinking of doing that in a few weeks but thought maybe I was being weird lol. That's a great idea and will run it by FI and see what he thinks , appreciate the help !
    Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Ana_2985Ana_2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you have a wedding website?  You could have the map or the link to google maps on your website.  Then you could just include a small card with your invitations directing people to your website for more information and directions.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I do have a wedding webiste , in my hurry I totally fogot to include it on my rsvp or invites /facepalm so now am looking for other options :) I think I will probably send out a seperate card/email and post a map on the wedding webiste too. All great suggestions so thank you :)
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad I could help, love:)

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    I think emailing people with additional info is fine, especially since you are having a small wedding. Make sure to call people who do not respond to your email so you can make sure they are on the same page.  You can also let people know the link to your website on the email.

As for your registry, put that info on the website.  It's also fine to tell people where you are registered if they ask you outright.  GL.  I'm excited for you!
  • edited December 2011
    I like Paiges idea.

Man, I can't believe how on the ball you are tafft!  You've really been working hard, that's for sure!
  • edited December 2011
    I like paige's idea!

As for the registering thing, word of mouth! If someone asks where you're registered tell them and they will tell others. Also, definitely put it on the website. I know my family buys a gift or two off of the registry and then something else that is personal. Obviously there you don't want to pressure people into buying you a gift so it is good that you didn't put that info on the invitations. I agree, it's pretty tacky when people do that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies for your awesome suggestions and input , just wanted another opinion and I trust you more than some of my real life friends , lol. Think I will send out emails and a small personal stationary card as well just to cover my bases. The registry thing was always planned to go on the webiste and apparently word of mouth is getting around , lol. I'm so glad I can actually relax for a little while now :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards