Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Dayton Bride Needs Info Please

Hello, I am a Dayton bride that is looing for sort of a one stop shop. A venue that supplies food, drinks and decor. I have talked with a women at The Mandalay and The Merriot. The pricing seems great if you dont add all of the extras but I want the extras and they witll pile up quick. So my question is... Do any of you know of another place anlong these lines with great prices? Or has anyone had a wedding at the mentioned places or along those lines and can you tell about how much you spent, how many guest, were you happy with them.
Thank you!

Re: Dayton Bride Needs Info Please

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Yankee trace golf course. They were rated the best bang for your buck by dayton daily News. If you are doing a Saturday wedding there is a 5,000 minimum but, they wave the minimum if you do it any other night. They can also do a cash bar if you want to cut the cost that way.
  • Options
    Michele45419Michele45419 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When we looked for wedding venues, we looked at Yankee Trace, Heatherwoode Golf Course, Country Club of the North in Beavercreek, and Beavercreek Country Club in Dayton.  We wanted a Saturday wedding.  All but the Country Club of the North had event minimums and we are having a relatively low guest count.  Based on value (and how much money we'd be 'wasting' by not meeting event minimums), we went with Country Club of the North. 
  • Options
    suze68suze68 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am not sure what area of Dayton you are from, but if you are north, The Crystal Room in Troy offers all of that and one of their staff members also does gorgeous & delicious wedding cakes. The set up and clean up is included in the packages and they have all the linens, candles, table numbers, dance floor, etc. They also have 2 rooms for different sized parties and with separate entrances.  HTH!

~Suze

image Sept 2011 Favorite Registry Item
  • Options
    tdmd09tdmd09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got married at Yankee Trace and had a wonderful experience. We ended up with about 95 guests with a buffet meal and open bar with beer and wine, plus apps and a dessert bar, and we baaaarely met the $5K minimum. Jason was our contact and he was absolutely wonderful to work with. The location is stunning, the food was great. I literally do not have a negative thing to say about them. We had both our ceremony and reception there, and the room rental for both events was maybe $700, which was considerably cheaper than other venues we considered.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Congrats to both my TTC buddies, Amberley18 and sb2006 on their beautiful babies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards