Not Engaged Yet

Whatserface.

I've been searching through google trying to find different samples for wedding invitation wording, and I came across this picture. I had to share:

I also found wording for the RSVP cards that had me chuckling. Guests choose one of the following in response:

___ Will attend with bells on.
___ Will attend, no bells.
___ Will not attend, have bell phobia.

Re: Whatserface.

• AWesome!  I think you should do that for wording for your RSVP cards, shake things up a little!
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Haha, I've seen that invite before. It cracks me up every time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am totally doing something 'silly' for my RSVPs. The last invites we made (for the past wedding date) said:

__ Can't wait to be there!!!
    __ Are extremely upset and heartbroken to not be able to attend.

Something different like that.
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • I love the bells thing! So much more interesting than my boring 'accepts with pleasure' and 'declines with regret' 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• That's really funny.

Except for the split infinitive toward the bottom.  Split infinitives are never funny.

Anyway, I want to do something cute for my reply cards, too.  Maybe provide options like (1) Will gladly attend (2) Will come, but just for the free alcohol (3) Will find an excuse somehow.

Is that too cheesy?  :)
  • I have a friend who was very close to including: ____ accepts with pleasure ____ accepts with regrets ____ declines with regrets ____ declines with pleasure In the end, they only sent that response card to one person who they knew would find it hilarious.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whatserface?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:3b77cac6-4d6c-4b9a-be10-3da5d8102bedPost:162d6514-7eb4-4f5e-bf30-eada2d45fe0d">Re: Whatserface.</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's really funny. Except for the split infinitive toward the bottom.  Split infinitives are never funny. Anyway, I want to do something cute for my reply cards, too.  Maybe provide options like (1) Will gladly attend (2) Will come, but just for the free alcohol (3) Will find an excuse somehow. Is that too cheesy?  :)
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

<div>Lol, I love it. I would be very happy to receive an RSVP card like that, and I would eagerly mark option #2. :P</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whatserface?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:3b77cac6-4d6c-4b9a-be10-3da5d8102bedPost:162d6514-7eb4-4f5e-bf30-eada2d45fe0d">Re: Whatserface.</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's really funny. Except for the split infinitive toward the bottom.  Split infinitives are never funny. Anyway, I want to do something cute for my reply cards, too.  Maybe provide options like (1) Will gladly attend (2) Will come, but just for the free alcohol (3) Will find an excuse somehow. Is that too cheesy?  :)
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

Split infinitives were one of the few useful things I learned about in college. I'm still guilty of them on occasion.

I had really boring response choices, but I think those are cute.
  • I did the bells thing for my response cards! 

Some people didn't really "get" it, but I didn't really care. :P

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm actually thinking of doing something like this. Eventually lol

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whatserface?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:3b77cac6-4d6c-4b9a-be10-3da5d8102bedPost:d5432d6a-09f7-49f6-a3af-6cdd4e8a148a">Re: Whatserface.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm actually thinking of doing something like this. Eventually lol
    Posted by Ollie08[/QUOTE]

That is awesome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards