Michigan-Detroit

Confessions/Vents

Re: Confessions/Vents

• PhoneCardLadyPhoneCardLady member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    VENT - NWR...

Went on the main computer this morning and it told me that Windows had to be validated!  So I did it over the phone and told me that the copy of Windows that I had was not valid!  Say what??

I tried rebooting it twice and no such luck.  We will call my nephew later on today and see if he can fix it, otherwise a new computer may be in our future!!
  • MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvents-54?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:77d6fd7f-46d3-4dfd-836d-f617a581d24cPost:a34de781-5877-48d2-92d8-c96e54365d18">Re: Confessions/Vents</a>:
    [QUOTE]VENT - NWR... Went on the main computer this morning and it told me that Windows had to be validated!  So I did it over the phone and told me that the copy of Windows that I had was not valid!  Say what?? I tried rebooting it twice and no such luck.  We will call my nephew later on today and see if he can fix it, otherwise a new computer may be in our future!!
    Posted by PhoneCardLady[/QUOTE]

If your nephew can't fix it my FI likely can.
  • edited December 2011
    Dear zit on my forehead - I'm not 14 anymore, please go away. No amount of makeup will hide you :(
  • PhoneCardLadyPhoneCardLady member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvents-54?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:77d6fd7f-46d3-4dfd-836d-f617a581d24cPost:354e5487-73d2-4ece-85dc-7c8b13630274">Re: Confessions/Vents</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions/Vents : If your nephew can't fix it my FI likely can.
    Posted by MMRoberts11[/QUOTE]

Personally, I wish my laptop(s) were working correctly!  I can only do posts and have to RIGHT CLICK everything and it is a total mess!

What I need is a fairy godmother who will just give me the money I need for the wedding, honeymoon, tithing, the bills, a new computer and savings (and not necessarly in that order)!!
  • MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvents-54?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:77d6fd7f-46d3-4dfd-836d-f617a581d24cPost:0e7aae2a-294d-495a-ba09-e246d106a7ac">Re: Confessions/Vents</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions/Vents : Personally, I wish my laptop(s) were working correctly!  I can only do posts and have to RIGHT CLICK everything and it is a total mess! What I need is a fairy godmother who will just give me the money I need for the wedding, honeymoon, tithing, the bills, a new computer and savings (and not necessarly in that order)!!
    Posted by PhoneCardLady[/QUOTE]

I need all those things too.  Seriously, my FI is great with computers and can fix just about anything.
  • bruna29bruna29 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is actually happening on my laptop, too! I paid the full $200 for the new windows and installed it, and then a week later it told me that it wasn't validated. How lame!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in a few days and I can't focus on anything at work other than the Knot and answering emails from my DOC!!!!

Also, I'm a bit miffed at my MOH.  It's a week until the bachelorette party and she has not communicated anything to any of the girls.  The girl who is hosting part of her party at her house called me to say "What are we doing?  What time is everyone coming here?  What should I have for food?"  Apparently my MOH hadn't told her anything and has not mentioned the party to any of the other girls.  My MOH had told me she wanted to do a lingerie party, but then the other girls said she never even mentioned it. To top it off, MOH called me a few weeks ago and basically made me make all of the decisions for the party, like where we are going, what we are doing, etc.  I picked a place to eat and she hasn't even called to make the reservation.  Just miffed because I have to communicate everything to the girls, make the dinner reservation, make the cab reservation, etc.  Ugh.  
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    My vent has nothing to do with my wedding and everything to do with my friends.

Let me start off by saying I am not the moh but have done a lot of the moh duties, which I am fine with. I was very careful to not stop on the moh toes when it came to the bachelorette party. However, I am so frustrated with her that I wish I would have just stepped on her toes. The party is starting at my house with games and then a limo to the bars after. She sent an evite out last Wednesday to everyone invited. Well to about 80% of the people it went to their junk mail and they never saw it. because the MOH went out of town this week and has no phone or internet service it is now my job to call everyone one of these people and see if they were coming. I would have and wanted to send out mail invites about a month ago, which would have made everything so much easier.  

I said I wanted everyone in teh wedding party to bring a bottle of wine or something to my house and I would supply all the food. She said she would arrange that but hasn't yet.

I am trying really hard to respect the fact that she is the moh and I am not but I feel like this party is going to be a flop. The bride is one of my best friends and I will be so sad if this doesn't turn out nice for her. I have never been so frustrated with something that is supposed be such a good time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • larzhopelarzhope member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    confession:  I have several things on my plate at work that may not get done before the wedding... and some of them are not my fault (waiting on others) and some of them... I just don't know if I have the energy for.

vent: my cousin's wife is pregnant (due last week, still hasn't had the kid) and so right now we have them marked down as coming to the wedding, but they will most likely not.  I know this is completely irrational, but I"m really disappointed and hurt.  I get that they'll have a tiny baby and that they may not be able to cross the border with him (they live in Canada and apparently the birth certificate takes some time), but I ponied up over $1000 to be IN their wedding, the least they could do is send my actual cousin and have his wife stay at home with the baby if she doesn't feel comfortable leaving him with her mom to come along.
    again, I get I'm being selfish/irrational with this one, I'm super disappointed

I'm also pretty disappointed that we invited 260 people and will have over 100 declines by the time we're done tracking folks down.  I guess that's what you get for not marrying somoene born and raised in the same location as you - people don't really travel.
  • carpediem27carpediem27 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvents-54?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:77d6fd7f-46d3-4dfd-836d-f617a581d24cPost:b5ccf871-aa4c-4c74-bc30-ae822a448e5e">Re: Confessions/Vents</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear zit on my forehead - I'm not 14 anymore, please go away. No amount of makeup will hide you :(
    Posted by rcj2rcd[/QUOTE]

Ugh, I hear you! I had to go off BC recently and I swear my skin is worse than when i was a teen!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvents-54?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:77d6fd7f-46d3-4dfd-836d-f617a581d24cPost:68260805-324c-4c88-8159-4cd6ebeafb86">Re: Confessions/Vents</a>:
    [QUOTE] I'm also pretty disappointed that we invited 260 people and will have over 100 declines by the time we're done tracking folks down.  I guess that's what you get for not marrying somoene born and raised in the same location as you - people don't really travel.
    Posted by larzhope[/QUOTE]

<div>We also have had a 50% decline rate since neither FI nor I ever had a hometown.  In my case, I wanted a small wedding and am THRILLED (!!!) that we have ony 120 guests.  But I will miss a few people and wish they could be there.</div>
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • matuofmmatuofm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvents-54?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:77d6fd7f-46d3-4dfd-836d-f617a581d24cPost:b5ccf871-aa4c-4c74-bc30-ae822a448e5e">Re: Confessions/Vents</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear zit on my forehead - I'm not 14 anymore, please go away. No amount of makeup will hide you :(
    Posted by rcj2rcd[/QUOTE]

Seconded, and I'd like to add:

Dear Skin: If you're going to insist on developing those fine lines of yours in the smile-ey region, then you're going to have to give up on the acne.  This is not an irrational demand on my part.  You can only be one age.  Figure it out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvents-54?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:77d6fd7f-46d3-4dfd-836d-f617a581d24cPost:d599ea57-b996-46a0-b190-39e120dcef62">Re: Confessions/Vents</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions/Vents : Seconded, and I'd like to add: Dear Skin: If you're going to insist on developing those fine lines of yours in the smile-ey region, then you're going to have to give up on the acne.  This is not an irrational demand on my part.  <strong>You can only be one age.  Figure it out.
    </strong>Posted by matuofm[/QUOTE]

Oh Melissa I can always count on you for a laugh :)

I need to vent about how freaking cold it is in my office.  I am in a perimeter office which has an AC vent directly in it.  There are a bunch of cubicles outside my office that are in one big room.  We are all on the one system so in order to cool down their cubicles, they have to crank the AC.  I feel like a polar bear in my office.  A cold LIz =/= a happy Liz.

I only hope this means that in the winter they will have to crank the heat and then my office will be toasty warm :)  But I have a feeling I won't be that lucky...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards