November 2013 Weddings

hey ladies!

Im am getting married November 22,2013! im so excited! I am having my wedding out of state because all of mine and my fiance's family live there.. convient for everyone,but me!  We will be going in July and going to book our venue... since we arent able to travel too often we have alot of decisions to be made in a short period of time... photographer, dj, etc.. I dont want to rush into making any decisions and regret them later... Is anyone else feeling the same way?

Re: hey ladies!

• Hi NattyNat!  I'm about 2 weeks ahead of you - 11/10/13.

I do feel the same way about some things: dress shopping, purchasing tablecloths and napkins (until I receive RSVPs and know my final count so I don't buy too much), asking my bridal party, registering for gifts, invitations...  It's just too soon.

On the other hand I feel a huge sense of relief having already checked 4 things off my list.  For the past 6 months I have price shopped, toured venues, and asked potential vendors about a million questions!  I found our ceremony venue (booked), the reception venue (waiting on the contract), the outside caterer including the actual menu and price per person (booked), and the company providing the bar and bartender (booked.)  These were the 4 biggest components of my budget and I was afraid if I waited too long - their prices would go up and I would have to start all over.  It feels so good knowing I have locked it all in and they cannot raise the prices on us. 

My goal was to get these 4 vendors booked then take time off until this November to fill in the details and I am right on schedule.

I will admit I have made a few small wedding purchases so far but I am trying not to get ahead of myself.  10 Lanterns to line the aisle and double as centerpieces at the reception - $7 each at Ross.  A GORGEOUS $200 short, white dress for engagement pics and possibly the rehearsal dinner - on clearance for $30.  I bought a VistaPrint groupon and already made my save-the-dates ($8).  And lastly, just today I bought damask overlays because the price was too good to pass up.  I've also been watching Groupon and LivingSocial hoping to find a deal on dance classes *fingers crossed*

Best of luck to you this July!  Do your research now to get a good list of prospective venues and vendors.  Set appointments and make a list of questions.  Hammer out your budget.  Lastly, go with your instinct and I'm sure you won't have any regrets.  Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I already have my dress, and I am fully anticipating some moments where I regret having gotten it so early. Right now, though, it's enough that it fits, it's pretty, and it was cheap.

We've got it figured out where we're going to have the wedding/reception, but haven't put any deposits down. To be honest, I'm a little worried about not having enough time, lol!
  • I'm definitely afraid of making these choices too soon though!!

We just got engaged in April and originally were thinking summer 2013, but this year we'll both be moving and starting new jobs (in October) so it made more sense to wait until we've been working a full year. It's amazing how relieved I felt when our families said they supported us waiting until next November!!! Not to mention, changing the date on The Knot gave me until this October to start having things become "due."

At this point, the only thing I have picked out is the groom :) and I assume that my best friend since high school will be my MOH, although I haven't officially asked her (I did tell her that I'm waiting on making ANY of those decisions... I don't want there to be any weird "Well she asked you to be a bridesmaid in May but didn't ask me until September..." vibes). Aside from that, I just don't know. My mom heard a rumor that one of the reception venues I'm looking at might be sold to a new owner -- so now I'm wondering, what else could happen in the next year+ that might change??

We are lucky in that my parents fully support getting a planner so hopefully once I find the right one, she will help me and put my mind at ease about when to plan/commitments/etc.

I never thought I would have such a long engagement!! I just want to have time to enjoy the planning process, not be rushing to try and do it either before we start work or something. 
  • OH and NattyNat, the main reason I was replying to this!! We are getting married in Houston, but I am in NC right now and moving to NY in October. So yes, very convenient for my family in Texas/Louisiana... not as convenient for me :) but it's where I grew up, and at least hopefully I will have a mild day to get married in November!!
  • Congrats to everyone planning!! It's so exciting!!

I have lots of ideas in mind for what I want and who to book for my wedding, that i've been emailing photographers and DJs questions, and they've all been so nice..
    I wanted to get married in November since the weather in Florida is usually really nice around that time of year...that, and it's a great way to set a weight goal!!! :D
    imageLilySlim Weight loss tickers Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards