Connecticut
Options

How did you pick your DJ?

How did you pick your DJ? I'm looking at the web site for After Hours and I'm pretty impressed. How did you ladies pick you DJs?

Re: How did you pick your DJ?

• Options
    blipsettprblipsettpr member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went by recommendations from friends and family. Then I did extra research on reviews and met with the DJ.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We also picked After Hours DJ Entertainment.  We had heard so much about them and they had an amazing amount of reviews on the WeddingChannel.com and Weddingwire.com.  We met with Bert and he was extremely experienced and made us feel like we were his only customer.  Even my FI was impressed.  We also met with a few other DJ's including one that was about half the cost.  We kept going back to After Hours.  Gook luck with your final choice.

• Options
    Mona8Mona8 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

I got recommendations from different people and looked at online reviews which helped me narrow it down to 3. We met with each of them and after talking to each and watching their videos, we picked David R. from Powerstation Events because we liked his style the best and felt the most comfortable with him.  Powerstation (in Cheshire) has several DJs to choose from with a variety of styles- so we went through several of them and found one that matched what we wanted. Good luck with your search!

imageAnniversary
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We picked our dj because of his years of experience, great reviews, and he was half the price of other dj's we met with. He was really hands on and kept in touch with us throughout the year since we booked him about 13 or 14 months out from the wedding. He was definitely one of our favorite vendors.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just booked my DJ a couple weeks ago. I was starting to worry that I hadn't gotten this vendor booked yet being at just about 4 months out. Of course some of the "good ones" who are favorites on this board were booked (DJ Melee, After Hours). But I made some appointments (which snow got in the way of). When we finally met with our DJ, his price was the lowest of them all and he was so nice to speak with and totally willing to do whatever we neded him to do without hiking up the price. He was very professional but we could really talk to him which was great. We got out of there and knew. I think that's how it is with a lot of vendors - we've just "known" after our meetings who to go with and who not to. FI is very blunt about telling me after the meetings who he liked/didn't like lol and since it's his day too he certainly had a say in a lot of it.
    "I don't know how it gets better than this. You take my hand and lead me head first - Fearless"
    Anniversary

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It was all about the meeting for us, just like with the photog. We both had a great feeling after meeting with the DJ we went with. It felt comfortable & right.
    Pregnancy Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    TBee99TBee99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going with my MOH's uncle. Not only was he a good price, but WE GOT TO SEE HIM IN ACTION at her wedding. To me, seeing him "at work" sealed the deal for us. It's harder IMO then a photographer or videographer because it's not like the dj can just show you samples.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We went to a friends wedding and had a blast.  DH and I both kept commenting on how everyone was dancing and having a great time. When we got engaged, I remembering saying to DH, how do you audition a DJ and then he reminded me of our friends wedding. His website was boring, but we had such a good time set up a meeting and that went fantastic. We only met with one other DJ, but since we did in some way get to "audition" the DJ there was no doubt in our minds that we should hire the DJ that provided the best time at a previous wedding.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    herb0622herb0622 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Our DJ was recommended to us by our venue. He is their DJ for all the events they have there. We figured we would use him because he was familiar with the venue,  he was really down to earth, and the fact that he had great reviews. We are using Mr Music Man.

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our DJ was recommended on here by so many other ladies, plus when we met with him, he was just super cool and laid back and LOVED music. And that struck a chord with me, since I do as well. I knew he would take so much time to pick things and play things that we not only liked, but that everyone would have a great time dancing to. Plus- his price was just so much better than everyone else, and I felt good about giving my money to him to help him "start up" his business rather than a better established company.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards