Pre-wedding Parties

When to have a bachelorette party/bridal shower and a wedding shower?

How soon is too soon to have a bachelorette party/bridal shower and a wedding shower?  We are getting married April 21, 2012..is late February too early to have a wedding shower?

Re: When to have a bachelorette party/bridal shower and a wedding shower?

• I don't think so. We are planning on ours a few months before so my OOT aunt can attend, since its too hard for her to get time off for two 8 hour trips so close. She normally comes up every couple months, so we are going to do it about 2 months before the wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker pregnancy calendar baby development
  • No, I don't think it's too soon. I am getting married in June and my first shower is in March due to the host schedule, my schedule and travel arrangements for the shower guests.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think any time up to 3 months in advance is perfectly fine 
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
  • No, that's not too early.  My shower will be almost 3 months before the wedding due to the MOH being pregnant and due a month before the wedding.  She really wants to throw the shower, but I didn't want her to have to worry about hosting a shower anywhere near her due date. 
  • Seriuos Question: What is the difference between a bridal shower and a wedding shower?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_bachelorette-partybridal-shower-wedding-shower?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:f52d668c-f917-4683-931f-4dda887fc4ffPost:eaffb7d8-8a09-46c5-8863-fe6e405e587f">Re: When to have a bachelorette party/bridal shower and a wedding shower?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Seriuos Question: What is the difference between a bridal shower and a wedding shower?
    Posted by LauraChristin[/QUOTE]

<div>I was kind of wondering the same thing - I've always heard them being used interchangeably. I'm kind of guessing that "wedding shower" would be coed? No clue though.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards