Florida-North Florida

Venue & Private Caterer OR Full service venue?

Seeking advice:

I am in teh early states of planning my wedding long distance. I am having a small wedding for around 50 guests. Those of you that have reserched diffrent options, did you find it was best to go with a full sevice venue that provided on site catering paying per person for food and alcohol or using a venue you can hire your own caterer? Which is more cost effective budget wise? I am having a hard time getting an idea of cost with private catering bc most want me to do a tasteing in person before they can give me estmated cost. I am planning this wedding from abroad and will not be in teh city of my wedding for another 6 months. I want to get a cost idea now, so I can decide which benue to choose, one with on site catering or one where I hire my own caterer.

Thanks for any help!
Visit The Knot! Daisypath Anniversary tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Venue & Private Caterer OR Full service venue?

• mary1217mary1217 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One thing to think about is if you are bringing in your own caterer if you will have to provide your own place settings, glasses, etc. which can get expensive. 
  • chickenbut143chickenbut143 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm planning a destination wedding (we live in CO), and like you, it isn't very easy to get down there to plan some of these details.  My FI and I priced and compared both the full-service venues and indpendant venues/services.  We found that the full-service was comperable to the indpendant venues, price wise - by the time you pay for all the additional fees and stuff.  I really love the idea of my venue doing all of the reception setup, catering, bar service, and take down.  It's wonderful not to have to worry about those details. 
    Good luck!  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Good advice ladies, thank you & good luck on your planning as well!
    Visit The Knot! Daisypath Anniversary tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    A full service venue for sure ! For that's less that you have to worry about.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards