Ohio-Toledo

Less than 2 months!

My invites are ready to be mailed today!

And now it's just wrapping up the little details, which sometimes seem as daunting as the big ones!

If you're already married, how did you stay sane in the last few months?
Planning & Married Bios

Anniversary

PAL/PGAL Welcome

My TTC Chart
BFP #1 12/13/08 - mc 12/26/08
BFP #2 12/2/09 - emergency surgery for ectopic 12/5/09

Photobucket Photobucket

Re: Less than 2 months!

• cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Make lists!  Anytime you think of something else to do, write it down!  You will be much less likely to forget about something and what you have left to do will seem more manageable.

To be honest though, I was extremely stressed in the days leading to the wedding.  I think I peaked at the rehearsal which was on Thursday with our Saturday ceremony.  I was nearly in tears at dinner that night over nothing.  After that though, I was able to realize that we had everything in order.  If anything went wrong (weather, tripping down the aisle, clothing malfunctions, etc.), I was able to tell myself "oh well, we'll still be married at the end of the day and that's most important."
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    At this point I have lists of lists. My mom is making me write everything down so that if she's out and about and sees something we need she can pick it up.

I was in near panic attack mode while we were putting all the invites together because the "this is really happening SOON" feeling crept up on me so I can only imagine the basket case I'll be at the rehearsal :-/

Thanks for the advice!
    Planning & Married Bios

Anniversary

PAL/PGAL Welcome

My TTC Chart

Photobucket Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with above, make lists.  Anytime you think of ANYTHING even if it small, put it on the list.  If you are even slightly worried about anything with your vendors, check with them on it, it will calm your mind.

All of my stress came to a head on the day of the rehearsal too.   It was finally real and that overwhelmed me.  I don't know if there is any way to prevent that, but making sure the details have been taken care of in advance can help reduce the stress.

Have fun!!!!  Sending out the invites is so exciting!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yay! 

Ditto PPs on the lists!  And, get as much as you can done sooner rather than later.  I had some easy projects to finish up (like folding programs, etc) in the week before the wedding and I had NO motivation to finish them.  Towards the end, I was super laid back and just didn't care if things got done or not.  So, I'd say get them done earlier so you still have the motivation.

And, prepare yourself to have some sort of totally irrational break down about something in the week(s) right before.  It's a stressful time.  I cried at Kinko's (lol) and cried during lunch with my mom and sister the day before the wedding for NO reason.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks guys! I think I'm going to be carrying a notebook around with me everywhere. At least after today I can cross paying the florist, sending the invites, sending the cake info to the baker AND having my first alterations appointment off the list. We're mailing the deposit for the DJ on Monday and then it's really just the little things left. I am beyond excited and I think FI is finally getting more excited too as he's seeing things come together.
    Planning & Married Bios

Anniversary

PAL/PGAL Welcome

My TTC Chart

Photobucket Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Don't be afraid to delegate and get things done early.  The worst part of the planning process for me was invitations.  I was so annoyed with tracking down addresses and sending them out.  I wish I could have paid someone to handle that for me. 
  • MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with lists too!  

Also, I had a Coordinator who helped me to confirm all of my vendors, attended the rehearsal to make sure everything went smoothly, and totally kept my sanity on the wedding day as well...  without her, I probably would have had a meltdown at some point too.

Oh, and in the 'final stretch', learn to let things go.  I had to remind myself that if there were little detail things that I just didn't get to, it was OK!  I would probably have been the only person to notice anyhow, and it wasn't worth stressing myself!

One last piece of advice...  remember to take time for YOU and for you and your fiance.  This is an important and exciting time, and you want it to be memorable... in a good way. :)
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the great advice ladies. I keep forgetting to just let things go. Everyone keeps telling me that it'll work out in the end, it's just getting to that end that I have issues with. Things are starting to come together and it's getting exciting!
    Planning & Married Bios

Anniversary

PAL/PGAL Welcome

My TTC Chart

Photobucket Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards