Washington-Seattle
Options

** Jennuine **

We are dress twins!

I think I remember you mentioning there being some issues when you were putting the dress on on you wedding day.  What was it that happened? Hopefully I can avoid it.  Did you leave the bow on the back on or take it off?

You looked gorgeous!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ** Jennuine **

• Options
    jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I moved the bow lower, so it didn't cover up all the beading.  The issue was that when I first got it in, we thought it was too small and the lady working that day couldn't get it on.  But, when we went to the seamstress, she could get it on.  Where it hits on your shoulder blades and the way the hook is on the dress, its difficult to get on -- it took some muscle and effort to get it hooked and you had to pull it the right way.  But at the last fitting, I brought my mom & stepmom to be shown how to put it on, and it was super duper easy, no probs. 

Day of, we were so stressed and rushing for other reasons and my stepmom was off getting our rings, so I think that was the main problem.  But, there is a built-in bra.  On the hanger, it was hooked.  When I slipped it on, the bra was fastened but landed in front of me and I didn't see it or feel it.  So the bra was pulling the dress forward, while everyone was trying to pull it back to hook it and it was not working.  They finally got it hooked and the hook broke.  Then it was too tight and fitting a little wrong all night...didn't realize until later why.

So, UNHOOK the bra thingy on the hanger and don't forget to hook it first!  : )  Good luck.  Also, get the hollywood tape b/c as the night goes on that dress sags.  I bought some, but w/ everything that went wrong, we didn't use it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Sweet_AdelineSweet_Adeline member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

And if you need alterations, Elizabeth Parks in Tacoma is great and did mine.

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards