Wedding Etiquette Forum

Happy Monday Morning

2»

Re: Happy Monday Morning

• Im here, and im in a bad mood so im probably going to be snarky today if I even bother posting at all (i might not, the fact that people are intimidated by me puts me in a bad mood, vicious cycle). Adam is getting sick, hes really achy, coughing a lot, is slightly warmer though I didnt take his temperature, and feels generally shiity. Im hoping and praying I dont get sick since I dont have sick days.
  • Ah, Cew.  I'm sorry Ben is sick.

As far as gift giving.  FI is very funny.  He has gotten me nice earrings twice.  Other than that, he likes to use gift times to get big purchases for us.  For example, we got an exercise bike for both of us for Anniversary and Christmas.  Thus far it has worked, but I don't know if we'll have big purchases forever.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • edited November 2009
    Thanks for the vibes ladies. My mom has him right now. I hate not being with him when he is puny.

And Happy Birthday week Dani!
  • Ben, hoping you feel better, lil buddy.

J is pretty decent on the gifts, I must say. I am the sucky one :(
  • I'm a horrible gift giver too. I know I've told you all about the time I got my Step mom a chia herb garden. I'm just so uncreative.
  • Good morning!

I am very excited as we are going to sign our lives away with our lawyer today, and then close on our house tomorrow.  So freaking excited.

I normally would be pouty that you people all get part of the week off, but I'm taking Friday off, so it's ok.

Re: Today is Wenesday, here's my $0.02.  Today is still Monday, but then tomorrow would be "Wednesday", since it's in the middle of the work days, which would make Wednesday "Friday".  You follow?
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_happy-monday-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:83097b16-716a-4fa4-8caf-3d36a60ba633Post:f87b4d59-be39-43ad-a9ab-367c5d26a2f3">Re: Happy Monday Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Re: Today is Wenesday, here's my $0.02.  Today is still Monday, but then tomorrow would be "Wednesday", since it's in the middle of the work days, which would make Wednesday "Friday".  You follow?
    Posted by raynes[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I gotcha.  However, I like to think of today as Wednesday and tomorrow as Thursday.  It makes the week seem even shorter (to me, anyway).
  • I very much respect that school of thinking too, as it cuts out the crappy days of Monday and Tuesday.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
  • But if I think of it as Wednesday, I get excited and start to think that tomorrow is Thanksgiving.  So I'll stick to Monday, because otherwise I'll be disappointed when I wake up tomorrow.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Today is my Friday - and having one work day this week is really bad for my work ethic.

Sorry Ben, Nebb's FI, and one of the Knotties (I already forgot who you were - sorry!) are feeling crappy.  Ugh.  What a way to start a holiday week!  :-( 

And DH is a pretty bad gift-giver, not in that the stuff he chooses is bad, but in that he doesn't feel compelled to give gifts for my birthday, Christmas, even anniversaries or Valentine's.  It's rare that I'll get a gift or card from him on any of the holidays when such things are typical.  But then I'll get gifts from him on some random day, just because.  ::shrug::  He isn't the type that lets social customs guide how he acts.  That's just how he is, and usually I like that about him. 
  • Hey, guys. I'm here. I had to go the ER last night for a breathing treatment because I've been having asthma issues. That sounds more serious than it really is. I waited all day to go since we had Thanksgiving yesterday afternoon, so it really wasn't an actual emergency, but I couldn't wait until today to go to an urgent care (they're closed on Sundays, apparently), because my breathing is worse when I lay down and I couldn't sleep Saturday night, so I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep last night either. So now I'm on steroids and breathing at about 90% capacity. As long as I doon't get a cold or the flu, I'll be fine.
  • Georgia- oh no :(   Are you at home today?
  • Yuck. Sorry you had to spend your day in the ER, Georgia. No fun. Hope you're feeling better.
  • Get well soon, Ben!

I have to say that H is fantastically perfect in his gift-giving. Now I have the problem as to what to give him. He always gives me such well-thought gifts and I never seem to know what to give him, and it sucks.

Oh, and I still have the RP Driving Experience tickets from 2002. I never used the damn things out of spite. :)
  • My sister is an asthma person and I spent a good chunk of the day yesterday taking care of her after she went and had a nebulizer treatment.  Feel better, Georgia.  
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Georgia, that sucks! I'm glad the steroids are helping.

Cew, hope Ben feels better quickly, and that he doesn't pass it on to you.
  • Georgia - does that happen often?  My step-brother has had pneumonia twice in the last 6 months and keeps needing breathing treatments.  You don't have pneumonia do you?
  • Thanks, guys. I'm at work today, as I don't have any leave left for the year. I feel fine, I am just moving slower than usual.

Sorry about Ben, cew. Maybe they'll give him some sleepy meds to make him feel better.
  • dani, I have only had pneumonia once, in the 5th grade. I usually have to get about one breathing treatment a year around this time. The time I had pneumonia, my breathing was so much worse, but I'm definitely keeping track today, and if my breathing is still iffy, I'm making an appointment with my GP specifically to check on pneumonia. Like I said, I'm out of leave, so a week in the hospital is not in the cards this winter.

• Well, boo about being at work. I really hope you're ok. I brought you a present but you probably won't be able to see it... maybe, let's try:

• I'm sorry, Georgia.  I would hold you and rub your hair, pobrecita.
    my read shelf:
  • Poor Georgia. I hope you feel better soon, too. And lay off the Marlboros! ;)
  • vally, I can see it!!!! Ha ha, we're red wagon twins!! Laughing

night & bec- thanks, ladies. The nurse asked me if I smoked and I had to give her the stink eye. I know they have to ask, but I can barely breathe as it is; I would never add insult to injury with smokes!!!

Also, my husband has been extra sweet about it. This is the first time he's seen me "sick", and he was waiting on me hand and foot yesterday and even slept on the couch so I could sleep last night (he snores, and usually keeps me awake at night).
  • Yay, you can see it!

Take it easy peasy. And kudos to your H Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards