Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Our Alcohol List & Another Review

I thought this may be helpful for other in-suite brides, as this is something that I worried about during the planning process.  We spent $540 at the liquor store-Lee's Discount Liquor and $40 at the grocery store on mixers etc.  We had 38 guests that drink a decent amount.

Liquor List:

2 bottles of Bailey's (one full bottle was left)
1 1.75 of Smirnoff Vanilla Vodka
1 liter Sapphire Gin (only a quarter was gone, but we also had no club soda)
1 bottle Scotch - Glenlivet (most was gone)
1 liter Jameson whiskey (a little less than half left)
10 twenty packs of bottled beer, different kinds (there were only about 20 beers left)
9 bottles of champagne (none left)
1 1.75 of Captain (none left)
5 bottles red wine (none left)
6 or 7 bottles of white (one bottle left)

Mixers Etc.

5 two liters of Coke (one was left)
4 two liters of Diet Coke (one was left)
1 two liter of 7up (drank)
3 Tonic bottles (none left)
1 and a half gallons of Orange Juice (about a half gallon left)
4 bottles cranberry juice (3 of these were left)
4 limes and 4 lemons

**DH did not get club soda, and should have.  We also should have gotten something for shots like Yag, the bartender made some kind of shots with the vodka, something more standard would have been better.

Review - RiRa Irish Pub for Meet & Greet

We did not have a reservation here as when I contacted them before I thought you couldn't make one for a big group without a charge, but you could, I think if you were doing a sit down dinner it would be different but we weren't. We just wanted drinks and if anyone wanted food then they could order.  The place was packed and I was worried we'd have to move, But we had two tables in the main bar area, and slowly took over a few other tables.  They were very accomodating and the drink prices were decent.  The live band was great too, they played the P.S. I Love you Song:)  We were starving so we ordered the Fish and Chips, the fish was very good, fries were kinda soggy.  We thought it was the perfect atmosphere for a M & G.

Re: Our Alcohol List & Another Review

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Sara! I really appreciate it!! I was really struggling with deciding all of this. FI's mother has been a bartender for the last 20 years. I was going to go with what she thought we needed. 
  • Options
    Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_alcohol-list-another-review?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:543af1ee-337c-4ef8-849a-6bf8e76087f7Post:6a0b6a07-52d4-4e5e-a00e-9e642a173ba2">Re: Our Alcohol List & Another Review</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks Sara! I really appreciate it!! I was really struggling with deciding all of this. FI's mother has been a bartender for the last 20 years. I was going to go with what she thought we needed. 
    Posted by magic34k[/QUOTE]

That's basically what we did, asked one of our friends who's a bartender.  It also obviously depends what your guests like to drink and how much they drink, as you can see our guests drink a lot of beer so we made sure to have enough of that:)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn definitely agree with Sara on it depends what your guests drink, we had 52 guests and 4 1.75 liters of vodka and 2 liters of flavored vodka along with copious amounts of other alcohol and we still ran out of vodka towards the very end of the night! I wasn't that worried aobut it because we only had about a half hour to go but we also ran out of gin (1.75 liter) and had to go buy another one and three quarters of that went as well.

So if you have a good idea of what your friends drink it really helps.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards