New Jersey
Options

Looking for a Shuttle Service

Ugh, depserately trying to find a decent shuttle service for our 8.27.10 wedding.

The ceremony & reception are at The Channel Club in Monmouth Beach.
The hotel is the Courtyard Mariott in Tinton falls, about 7.5 miles away.

The hotel referred us to a transport service, but all they have are limos. That seems to be all I can find on my own as well... limos or shuttles that just go to the airport! We really just want a big van or something to make a few round trip drives at the beginning & end of the night. Any rec's?

This is so frustrating! At first we were psyched with the idea of saving transportation costs by getting married at the reception venue... now this is shaping up to look like it is going to be another huge expense!

BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Being married is a real thriller! =)

Re: Looking for a Shuttle Service

• Options
    felicia220felicia220 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at the Ocean Place which isn't too far from the Channel Club I believe,  I can't remember the name of the shuttle service we are using so I just text my brother and will get back to you (he's at my rent's house and they have the info). Anyway we rented 2- 15 passenger vehicles, I don't know if it is a van type thing or not, but I will get back to you when I have the name.
  • Options
    smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about a trolley? I'm in a wedding at McLoone's and she's using the trolley company in that area
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanx Felicia! I appreciate it!

smw ~ a trolley sounds super cute, but also sounds expensive! I'll look into it though... never know! Thanx for the idea!
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    First Class Limo has a shuttle service for $550 (plus tip) - 24 passenger van.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    smw42smw42 member
    edited December 2011
    http://www.gatrolley.com/

That's the company if you're interested

She's also using the Courtyard, as well as the Holiday Inn
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    Laurms15Laurms15 member
    edited December 2011
    First Class Limo did our limos and our shuttle service to and from the hotel. They were absolutely great!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am a Channel Club girl too- with hotel at Ocean Place. I called around forever looking for the best price for shuttles- found Murphy Transportation in Red Bank/Middletown to be the best priced- they have I think either a 10 or 14 passenger van, 2-2.5 hours on each end (don't need that long, but oh well) for I think $128 including tax each way. Let me look for the number and I'll post that...
    *~allie~*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_looking-shuttle-service?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:1040691f-06d5-470a-a70b-ec72f16ea035Post:dc83d46e-7338-4c3e-b33a-469417bb581c">Re: Looking for a Shuttle Service</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am a Channel Club girl too- with hotel at Ocean Place. I called around forever looking for the best price for shuttles- found Murphy Transportation in Red Bank/Middletown to be the best priced- they have I think either a 10 or 14 passenger van, 2-2.5 hours on each end (don't need that long, but oh well) for I think $128 including tax each way. Let me look for the number and I'll post that...
    Posted by akmackay[/QUOTE]

<font color="#008080">Thanks so much, venue twin! =)
    You'll have to let me know after your big day how you liked The Channel Club!</font>
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    felicia220felicia220 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Elite Service Limo in Middletown, but it is a van, sorry I wasn't sure.  The phone number is 732-747-7998.  I got 2 vans for 3.5 hours (1.5 hr in the begining and 2 hours at the end of the night, we are having an after party) To run continuously and an unlimited number of runs for $700.  So $350 a van, I know it is a lot but for what we needed it didn't seem too bad.  If you only need it for like 2 hours and only one van the price probably isn't too bad.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Here's the number for Murphy Transportation- Locally (732) 741-4600
    *~allie~*

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards