Registry and Gift Forum

What gifts are you getting your bridesmaids?

I was thinking of a jewelry that they could wear for my wedding, but I also want to get them something else too. What should I get them?

Re: What gifts are you getting your bridesmaids?

• If it is something you want them to wear in the wedding, its not really a "gift".

I would shop for them like its their birthday.  You dont need to get them all the same thing.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_gifts-getting-bridesmaids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:7d2a0b36-fa94-4a10-a35b-de16658eba0bPost:cb4e60f3-3a17-4f86-92f9-d246ebf640b6">Re: What gifts are you getting your bridesmaids?</a>:
    [QUOTE]If it is something you want them to wear in the wedding, its not really a "gift". I would shop for them like its their birthday.  You dont need to get them all the same thing.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]
    Ditto this too.  Also, when's the last time you went to a wedding and noticed the BM jewelry? 
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm making them necklaces for the wedding (not as a gift though), a personalized bag in their favorite color, and something small that they each really like.
  • I made them personalized bags, with a gift card, picture frame for a wedding photo of the BM's, perfume, bath set and jewelry for them to wear (that was a gift from my Mom). 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I bought their jewelry for the wedding, and for gifts, I just happened to buy them more jewelry, but the gifts are tailored to each girl's individual taste and style.
  • I am getting them jewelry for the wedding (I know this is a "knot no-no" but it is the norm in my area, its what i've always gotten as a BM as well as other people I know).  I am also getting them gift cards to their favorite coffee place, they are students and are always at coffee shops studying.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker Anniversary
  • For a wedding that I stood in, the bride gave us the jewlery to wear at the wedding (which I think is great), "fancier" flip flops to wear at the reception and bubble bath/bath gel set. I think it was a very cute gift, and I'm doing something very similiar.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I gave my girls pearl necklaces (which they were not required to waer at the wedding, but most did) and then also a personal gift for each.  Like my sister is all into crafting, so I got her 2 books she wanted.  My best friend collects figurines, so I got her one she's been wanting.  Etc, etc.
  • Im not sure of your budget or what kind of shopping outlets are in your area, but i got all my BM coach wristlets from a coach outlet. I plan on getting a key chain with their initial incase they want to bring it to the wedding it won't get confused with anyone else's. Good luck!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_gifts-getting-bridesmaids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:7d2a0b36-fa94-4a10-a35b-de16658eba0bPost:4bc70c84-3a89-4d7d-b0a5-52709bd311ab">Re: What gifts are you getting your bridesmaids?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Im not sure of your budget or what kind of shopping outlets are in your area, but<strong> i got all my BM coach wristlets from a coach outlet.</strong> I plan on getting a key chain with their initial incase they want to bring it to the wedding it won't get confused with anyone else's. Good luck!
    Posted by shortie4311[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I did, with a little something extra for each of them inside their wristlet.
  • I pursposely didn't get my BMs jewlery because I didn't want them to feel obligated to wear it in the wedding.  As PPs said, if it's part of their wedding day attire, it really isn't a gift.

I had a winter wedding and gave each BM a cashmere scarf and Swarovski snowflake ornament.
  • I bought the girls a bag that is personalized with their initials, along with jewelry for the wedding, and a bracelet for each girl that they are not required to wear to the wedding. I am also filling the bag with lotions, and other beauty products that I know each girl will wear.  I may even put a bottle of wine so they can have a drink later on!!
  • I got my girls 'fancy' gladiator sandals to change into if they want to at the reception and I plan on getting them gift certificates to the spa where we will be getting our hair and make up done so that they do not have to incur the additional cost of an updo.  I'm getting them earrings for the wedding as well, which I did not realize was a no no. However, it won't be traditional wedding jewelry, the earrings I picked out are something that can be worn everyday and to fancy events.
    ~a~
  • I am making all of my bridesmaids necklaces for them to wear in the wedding, not as a gift. For their gift, I am getting each girl a bag in her favorite color with a cardi to wear at the reception( April is still chillly!), a Bridesmaids picture frame, flip flops, and a gift card to their favorite store. :)
  • Each wedding I have been in I have been given either a necklace or earring as the main part of the gift, and it has been to wear at the wedding. Apparently it is not that much of a no-no. I plan on getting necklaces (not identical, to match the girl's personality) for the main part of their gifts. I am also getting monogrammed toiletry travel bags filled with travel size items.

I am having a male stand up for me, too-- he will not be getting a coordinating necklace! Laughing

• I am having a vintage themed wedding, so I got all my bridesmaids vintage lockets that fit their style.  They wont wear them on the wedding day, but Im gonig to write a little note in each of their lockets, so they know how special they are to me.  Also I will be paying to get their hair and make-up done.
  • I haven't even thought about what jewellery I am going to wear at my wedding, never mind what my besties are wearing! You girls are on the ball!

So far I have a goodie bag filled with lotions and make-up for each lady. I will likely grab them all something from Tiffany's or Coach as well :)
  • I am making each of my bridesmaids jewelery sets to match their personality and the color they will wear in the wedding.  I am also making their bridesmaid dresses.  I will probably get them something else too.
  • I will probably get them each a pearl necklace that I would like them to wear for the wedding. I also have gotten each of them personalize stationary items and pens from VistaPrint and then I picked up really neat travel manicure sets at Penny's the other day for each as well. I will also probably do some lotion and other small items for each as well. Maybe a pair of flip flops for each as well.

I also plan to write each a personal letter to include with their gifts. I don't plan to do the personal tote bags to save the money so I can spend more on the items inside. So far I've spent under $10 per BM by bargain shopping and I'll continue to do that for sure!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards