Military Brides
Options

Renting Sabers for Army Wedding

Hi ya'll!

My FI and I are tying the knot in 3 months! Crazy! We're planning on doing a full-on military wedding, complete with a Color Guard (my FI is in the Honor Guard, his idea, lol) and an Arch of Sabers. But we can't find sabers! He's asked his Honor Guard and his NG Armory and both were a no-go. We don't want to ask a local ROTC unit (we're in Chicago and I highly doubt they would let anyone take them!). So now we're looking into renting. Anyone had any luck with online places? If so, where did you go and what sabers did you use? He has all the guys for the Arch, now we just need the main item! Thanks ladies :)
Visit Military.weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Renting Sabers for Army Wedding

• Options
    This question has been asked 6 times in the last 2 weeks.  Scroll down, people.  
    - You can not rent the sabers.  You'll have to buy them.  
    - Neither Color Guards, National Guard nor Reserve units do this service for people.  ROTC units don't do it either.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    julieadamskijulieadamski member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Woops, I only saw the question asked twice in the last 18 days and mine wasn't even answered with those. But I must've missed the other 4. My bad.
    Yes, you can rent the sabers since I saw a member on here say she was able to. We don't need anyone to perform the service, I'm simply looking for a place to rent/borrow the sabers.
    Visit Military.weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Okay smart a why don't you PM the person that rented them then? She can help you better than we can most likely. I also suggest changing your TK name. You'll have to delete this post and start a new account. PERSEC and what not. I almost friend requested you on FB to prove that point. Hope you enjoyed the spice girls concert.
  • Options
    Andplusalso, we just don't know where to rent sabers. We always say "check with your local ROTC" or you have to buy them. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_renting-sabers-for-army-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:9508f054-e2a1-4425-91fa-43e01dedc2bbPost:9e1fbbc6-08ce-4ea0-ac52-c3686e7de720">Re: Renting Sabers for Army Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Woops, I only saw the question asked twice in the last 18 days and mine wasn't even answered with those. But I must've missed the other 4. My bad. Yes, you can rent the sabers since I saw a member on here say she was able to. We don't need anyone to perform the service, I'm simply looking for a place to rent/borrow the sabers.
    Posted by julieadamski[/QUOTE]
     <div>WOOOOOSSSSSSAAAAA!!!  (I will not bite the head off a smart asss today.  I will not bite the head off a smart asss today.)</div><div>The search button is your friend.  </div><div>Also, here is a <a href="http://lmgtfy.com/?q=where+can+you+rent+sabers+for+a+military+wedding+" rel="nofollow">link</a> that might be of some help to you.</div><div>
    </div>
  • Options

We had to buy them.  None of the guys in our wedding party had ones since they have all been deployed like 6 times over the past 10 years and really they don't wear them for the most part anyway.  The ones we bought were replica ones (we had them approved by H's command).  The real ones are super expensive. Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards