Wedding Etiquette Forum

Confessions

2»

Re: Confessions

• I confess that I will be avoiding FMIL until the wedding. She has been telling FI's family that we aren't including her in the plans. Damn straight. She doesn't answer her phone or return our calls. We don't even know where she lives. I also confess we won't be inviting her on again, off again bf, because he is scary.
  • I confess that I'd love nothing more than to throat punch Tim right now (I won't, but for some reason I think it will make me feel good).

I had an idea, he said it was stupid, now I'm pissed off.
  • I also have bad baby fever AND I'm 2 weeks late. I'm 99% sure that I'm not pregnant and that the stress from before the wedding delayed ovulation and I took a test that was negative, but I still really want a baby, even though we're totally not ready to have one.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Pretty much since the minute we got married, I've been turned off of the idea of having kids anytime soon.

But in the last couple of weeks, I'm opening up to the idea of having one sooner than I thought.

I was saying I wanted to wait at least two years, but I could see us start TTC after we hit 1 year.
  • I'll also confess that I hate The Knot right now. I have been trying to get rid of this stupid ticket and RSVP counter for a week and it's not working.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh, and...H found a job in his field that's an amazing opportunity. I can't help but think about how fantastic it would be. My fingers are extra crossed. He actually started a new job a couple of months ago, and I know it looks bad to job-hop, but this is the kind of thing you just don't pass up.
  • I get a little baby anxious. But I think we'll wait a little while. Probably a couple years after being married.
    Slowww down, little ticker. Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-23?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:fef3d7dd-7b3d-46c4-8cb3-0855ef1d7ef2Post:5f342858-0b6b-4708-8ab0-55be29761707">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, and...H found a job in his field that's an amazing opportunity. I can't help but think about how fantastic it would be. My fingers are extra crossed. He actually started a new job a couple of months ago, and I know it looks bad to job-hop, but this is the kind of thing you just don't pass up.
    Posted by JessAndTrav[/QUOTE]

!!!! yay congrats!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-23?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fef3d7dd-7b3d-46c4-8cb3-0855ef1d7ef2Post:5c8baa05-a8c1-4e3a-a597-821e779b5923">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Holy shiit!  360 people invited?  I'm guessing weddings are a pretty big thing in Kentucky or you just have a lot of family.
    Posted by mandysmear[/QUOTE]
    Ugh.  Don't even get me started.  I originally wanted a small beach wedding, and I HATE standing in front of crowds, but the big shindig was important to our parents and we accepted their money, so yeah... I'm pretty sure I'm going to spend the majority of my reception being introduced to people. The good news is about 280 of the invited guests are from OOT.  My heart sings a bit every time we get a "decline" in the mail.
    Abigail Rose, EDD 6/8/13 BabyFetus Ticker

Nose Job Blog
  • Thanks, Nebb. We're really excited at the idea of him working this job. I don't really want to give any details yet, honestly because I don't want anyone to be like, "That's stupid, blah blah blah."

I'm enjoying dreaming big at the moment.
  • Re: babies.  We have a two year plan, which basically involves one more year of active BC, one year of charting/trying to avoid/being okay with an oops, and then actively trying at the two year mark.  

But the problem?  We figured out the other day that if I got pregnant right now...it would be fine.  DH gets a huge raise in September, and obviously I wouldn't have a baby before then.  We'd like to buy a house first, but it's not a dealbreaker since we have plenty of room in the place we rent.  So, there's not really any convincing reason NOT to anymore, if that makes sense.  
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • I know that if H and I lived together before the wedding, we'd probably be trying right away, but we didn't, so we're enjoying this time right now.
  • Then do it Brie!  If those are the only "reasons", go for it.  It might take you a year to actually get pregnant anyway.  Maybe just don't go as far as to know exactly when you're ovulating.  Just let it happen when it happens. 

That's super exciting! 

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-23?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:fef3d7dd-7b3d-46c4-8cb3-0855ef1d7ef2Post:661731b0-1cea-4885-88a6-b2b4e2cb311a">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]My FBIL is a deadbeat mooch who lives with us scott free.  He doesn't pay rent, utilities, or groceries, and he doesn't clean up after himself, even when I ask him to.  I confess that I am begining to resent FI for allowing it, and I confess that I flip FBIL's bedroom door the bird every time I walk by it.  It is so juvenile, and I have no idea why, but it makes me feel better every time I do it.
    Posted by KentuckyKate[/QUOTE]

Sounds like we have the same FBIL.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Haha mandy!  You're a bad influence.

We both waffle though.  We just went out to buy a grill, DH sees a cute kid and is like "I want one!"  Then 5 minutes later he's like, "...in a few years.  Not yet."  Then 5 minutes later he's like "OMG another cute baby!  Let's have one."  It's maddening.  He did the same thing about getting engaged--he'd be like "Let's get married!" and then be like "No, not yet."  He is the king of waffling.

Anyway, we have to wait at least a few months, since I definitely don't want to run a marathon in October pregnant.  Yikes.  I doubt we'll do anything at least until next year.  But it's crazy to think about--that getting pregnant right now would be a-okay.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Oh yeah!  Wait for the marathon.  Then see where you are after that.  It's good to have small little goal points I think.  Because then 2 years won't seem so far away. 

You could be like, okay, after the marathon.  And then you can go, okay after christmas.  Oh now I'm a bridesmaid in may, let's wait til after then... etc etc.

I do it when I run and I don't want ot run anymore.  Okay, just til that sign.  Okay, just til the end of the street.  Just til I get to the fire hydrant.  I like small "goals".  Doesn't seem so bad after and during :)

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • My FMIL invited me over to their house for a Memorial Day cookout this morning and I lied to get out of it. FI has to work so he won't be there and I don't feel like a) putting on fake happy face when it all actuality his parents are really pissing me off right now and b) I don't want to be around FI's nephew if his brother decided to show up. Sorry, but I just don't really like babies and I just really don't feel like pretending to ooohh and ahhh over it today. I'm a cold hearted biotch today!
  • We might be sorta kinda TTC. We havent told anyone, but I really want to tell my family.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I confess that I REALLY have baby fever. We're officially off B/C and now trying the Standard Day Method.  Even though this is a type of natural birth control I hope that I end up  pregnant pretty soon.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • One thing I've learned is you can't plan a pregnancy. If things went according to my plan I would be giving birth right now. Ah well, so goes life. I just advise not to wait until the last minute because then it may never happen. The other day dad goes "Why can't you be pregnant already? I have so many baby things I want to build." I couldn't help myself from yelling "I'm fucking trying ok?"  Definitely not how I usually talk to my dad :(

I confess that Dh and I spent 4 hours cleaning his mom's 1 bedroom house. It was so scary inside that I really worry about her health as well as her 4 year old granddaughters (who spends most of her time over there).

I also confess that my mom has been driving me crazy since we moved into our house. Every two seconds it's "I can't wait until you get your power bill with the way you run AC" "Rain barrels are something you HAVE to have" "Don't you know that sugar is bad for you?" "Don't use plastic bottles because plastic is bad for you" "Did you clean your carpets yet?" Omg mom chill!
  • I confess that every time someone asked if I would be ok with Scott out of town, I answered "I'll be fine, just bored!" but I was thinking "OH GOD, WHY IS HE LEAVING MEEEE?!"  I confess that I made it to the elevators at the airport before I was crying, and 20 feet from my car before I was sobbing. 

I also confess that I have spent too much time waiting around for him to get online or call me, and that I was happy to hear he couldn't sleep his first night away because he kept waking up and realizing I wasn't there.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-23?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:fef3d7dd-7b3d-46c4-8cb3-0855ef1d7ef2Post:b0ee3f70-7933-440d-83f6-c9f5a4136865">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]One thing I've learned is you can't plan a pregnancy. If things went according to my plan I would be giving birth right now. Ah well, so goes life. I just advise not to wait until the last minute because then it may never happen. The other day dad goes "Why can't you be pregnant already? I have so many baby things I want to build." I couldn't help myself from yelling "I'm fucking trying ok?"  Definitely not how I usually talk to my dad :( 
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]
    Sorry you're having a hard time, Katie. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards