Wedding Invitations & Paper

Bridal Shower Wording

I'm hosting a large bridal shower 100+ this spring.  The Mother of the Bride is paying for the hall, and the Mother in Law is helping with the cake as well as the details of the party, and Bridesmaids are also all contributing for all the favors, and centerpieces and details.  I'm trying to word the invite to give credit to all.

GIVEN WITH LOVE BY MOTHER OF BRIDE
AND THE COLLABORATION OF
MOTHER OF GROOM AND THE BRIDAL PARTY

How else can I word the statement above

Thank you!

Re: Bridal Shower Wording

• I would ask the MOB and MOG what they think first.  According to etiquette, the shower shouldn't be hosted by the moms because it's seen as them fishing for gifts for their kids.  It sounds weird but it's just one of those traditional etiquette things.  Some circles don't follow that though and moms do host showers.  So I would be inclined to ask these moms whether they want to be listed as hostesses.  If they don't, then just list the BMs.  If the moms do want to be listed, I would just list them all equally rather than the way you have it.  Something like, Hosted by MOB, MOG, BMs (all names listed out of course).  This isn't the time to show off who contributed more financially, it's just about who is actually hosting the party.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree that I would ask the mothers about their opinion.
  • I agree with Dani. Just do:

Hosted by:
    MOG
    MOB
    BM
    BM
    BM
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • I don't think you need to mention who is hosting....if it's a collaboration of a bunch of people, google a verse you can use.  But if everyone is contributing, you don't want to step on anyones toes.  and why be so AW about how much money one person spent over the next person.  Let them all be equal.
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree with PPs - no need to highlight who spent the most.  Also, keep in mind that hosting doesn't always have to equal paying - it just means being the hostess during the event. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards