Florida-South Florida

Is anyone else NOT having a bridal shower???? ignore the post below!!

I'm thinking of skipping out on this too! My MOH wants to charge our guests but idk if I agree with that. Are any of you charging!?

Thanks!

sorry about the extra post. I guess my co worker was trying to make an account earlier so i was signed in as her!!
Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Is anyone else NOT having a bridal shower???? ignore the post below!!

• Rainbow17Rainbow17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not.  I'm skipping it all together.
  • edited December 2011
    No I wouldn't charge guests. Skip it if that is the case! My bridal party is paying for it.
  • edited December 2011
    My mom is hosting mine. I wouldnt want to charge guests, they are already giving gifts.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • REINATAPIAREINATAPIA member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking of not havign one because Im in the same situation as well and I really can"t cover the cost at this time. However my sister hosted hers at Perricones and charged the guests $25 per person and she actually had a really good turn out, but I'm still on the fence whether to have one or not.
  • edited December 2011
    Ewww...I would not charge the guests. I am most likely skipping mine.
    weddingpic
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not having one, and would definitely not attend if I was being charged to attend...I'm from the midwest though, so we have different ideas of what's okay and what's not okay.
  • FutureMrsFezzFutureMrsFezz member
    edited December 2011
    Just skip it.  Do not charge your guests.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having a shower but my mom/girls are paying for it.

Like the other girls have mentioned, don't charge the guests. 

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    I would never charge guests but you would be surprised at how many people actually do this. I've talked to a lot of my friends about this and no one has ever had an issue with it... personally, I wouldn't want to pay to attend a shower and also buy a gift.

Charging for my bridal shower is a huge no no for me!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • abellabell member
    edited December 2011
    I have attended bridal showers that have been held at a home and brought a shower gift, and I have also attended bridal showers held at restaurants where I paid lets say $25 (gift included).  This shower gift does not replace the wedding gift. 
  • edited December 2011
    Don't charge. But why is it all on your MOH? Is she able to ask the other girls in the bridal party for help? Have a small, intimate one (if you have one at all) but dont charge!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not because my girls can't afford to throw one. Plus we don't need anything for the house. Since we don't need anything we didn't register for anything.
  • twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have actually never been to a shower that didn't charge. But I guess in my culture that's common place. I personally have never had a problem with paying, nor do I know anyone that has had a problem with paying.

However, if you don't agree with charging guests, forgo it all together. It's def. not mandatory to have one.

HTH! GL!
  • RaquelSRaquelS member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will be having a shower that my MOH will be paying for. We absolutely will not be charging guests.
    *So Fla Board February Siggy* My babe and I
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • KAM3899KAM3899 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will not be having a shower because all the guests that would be going to the shower live in pretty much every city all over the East Coast!  There's no location that would be convenient for the majority, so I decided to skip it.  My mom's dissappointed that I won't be having one, but I can't ask everyone to travel just for a bridal shower!
  • jmsw143jmsw143 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had the post a few days ago about not wanting a shower. I didn't want one because I wanted to keep everything simple and instead had our bridal party and mothers fighting and not compromising on dates, money, venue etc. You girls and my MOH helped me decide to have one. I've stepped away from trying to keep the peace and asked them to be civil adults. Enough about me... Laughing

I would not charge people to attend. Instead try to do something more simple. Maybe someone's home or community club house? Or maybe a park. One that we looked into was $40 and hour. I did my cousins shower a few years ago at my parents house and did cake and food from Publix/Sams. I probably spent less than $500 and we had a great time.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards