Military Brides
Options

Grrr

I know this is meaningless to those dealing with deployments now, but I wanted to whine a little to those who understand. I feel bad whining about it out loud because it's making hubby feel bad.

But we got married on July 3, so 5 weeks ago.

He leaves on Wednesday for drill (two hours away so he'll be crashing with a friend all week because they don't have to stay at their unit or be in the field).....

But he reports early Wednesday morning. That just happens to be my birthday. :(

So the first birthday as husband and wife and he's gone. It sucks.

We've been together for six years, six birthdays each...I think he has been home for two. One of them I was seriously sick with mono. Super, duper, lame.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Grrr

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Umm...
    I have yet to spend either of our birthdays with my FI. He will be deployed for our first Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Valentines, Easter, 4th of July and both of our birthdays as a married couple. Be happy he's just gone for a week of drill.  You have a lifetime of birthdays to celebrate together. Yeah it sucks when you don't get to spend a special day with your guy but remember it's not his choice so don't complain and make him feel bad. Don't let missing one get you feeling that down. Celebrate early or after he gets home and go do something nice and girly for yourself on your actual birthday. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I know it sucks. But a birthday is way less of a big deal than the birth of a child.  I know your just venting, but try and put the one day in perspective. : )
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I understand you are just venting , but as a married couple , FI is going to miss our first Thanksgiving , Christmas, New Years , Fourth of July , Birthday AND our first anniversary . Just be glad it is only one & know that he loves you , it will all be okay .
    IAmPregnant Ticker image
  • Options
    kaynix21kaynix21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I know all this. I need to vent. Like Ebattani said to not complain to him so he doesn't feel bad, hence my venting here lol.

I know you guys have been through worse so far, it's just so lame lol. :(
  • Options
    SpunkchinSpunkchin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, that sucks. Mine deployed ON my birthday. Boo!
  • Options
    Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It sucks.  My husband will be deployed for our 1st Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Valentines Day, Easter, etc. as a married couple.  He may get back from deployment right before his birthday.  And I will be on the other side of the country as all of my family and friends, so I'll really be alone.  Hopefully I'll get home for Christmas.  My birthday this year will be spent driving across the country for our PCS.  It sucks, but its part of our lifestyle.  And like a PP said, don't complain to your husband, because he's probably also upset about it.  Just be happy that he is only gone a week and you can celebrate it after. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    BiMWaTBiMWaT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awww sorry to hear this.  It sucks.  When FI is gone for holidays, we just go all-out and celebrate them on different days.  We did this with Christmas and Thanksgiving last year.  I'd say for your bday, have a fun girls day/night (spa? movies and drinks?) or just go do something you want to do all by yourself (I like doing thing by myself, some people don't though).  Then celebrate when he's home just like it's your real bday! :)  Hope you have fun!
  • Options
    iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

It does suck.  Mine left for deployment the day before my unit's Family Day and less than a week before my birthday.  In all the time we've been together, he's never been here for my birthday or my oldest son's birthday.  He missed our 3yr old's birthday last year and will miss it again this year.  We just find a way to spend a few minutes together on the phone or on the computer.  Maybe y'all can do something special Tuesday night to celebrate your birthday and then you can do something with your girls on your birthday. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I hate to be blunt but get used to it. I got married at the court house December 11, 2010 and my husband was deployed less then a week later. We have missed Christmas, Valentines Day, Easter, both of our birthdays and my grandfather's funeral. We have been together for 10 years and he has been in the military for the last 5 while i have been at college. Eventually you get used to it. You just need to cherish the time you have together and make those days special. Eventually the holidays just turn in to regular days. Planning around the military is pretty much impossible and I'm finding out just how hard it is now that were trying to plan a big formal wedding.
  • Options
    marisah83marisah83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It sucks, but unfortunately, it is something that will continue to happen. :(  With holidays, we celebrate early or later, if possible.  Last year, we did Thanksgiving at the beginning of October so that he could enjoy turkey before he deployed.  You just have to be creative with celebrating.
    09.10 Siggy Challenge
    PhotobucketMy favorite picture is of the night we got engaged!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Happy Birthday, Kaynix!! I hope you are able to have a great day even with out your husband home! Laughing
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards