Not Engaged Yet

New Year's Resolutions

I can't belive it is already (almost) New Year's. I feel like I'm still trying to START last years resolutions. Oh how time flies by! What are your New Year's resolutions for 2011.

Mine (and this is a list in progress)...

1. Read all 7 Harry Potter books in time to see Deathly Hallows Part 1 in theaters and attend the midnight premire of Part 2.
2. Be able to go to the Mexican resturant and have a conversation with my waitress in Spanish (this needs to happen sooner than later... ugh. Spanish is going to be the death of me).
3. Graduate with a 3.5 GPA in December of 2011.
4. Find a wedding dress that I have no second thoughts or regrets about!
5. Visit the Pacific Northwest, including Alaska.
6. STOP PROCRASTINATING. About everything.

EDIT: some of mine, are more goals! Oh well...I hope to complete at least TWO!
Anniversary

Re: New Year's Resolutions

• edited December 2011
    I haven't really given much thought to it, but here's some off the top of my head.

1.  Stop compulsively biting my nails like a 5 year old.
    2.  Resume a normal diet/exercise regimen.
    3.  Get at least a 3.3 for 1L.
    4.  Stop procrastinating and learn better time management skills.
  • stemms8810stemms8810 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm...I would like to fall into a regular exercise routine and find something new to make it more interesting (I get bored easily).  Also, I would like to work on my patience level as a parent.  My almost 4 year old wears me down! Lol.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage
  • Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    1.  Lose weight / Get back into shape (always on my list)
    2.  Get better at managing money
    3.  Be neater
    4.  Be a better girlfriend to BF (who will hopefully be FI by New Year's)

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-years-resolutions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:27251011-a5cf-4080-b7ed-09667eed1e65Post:e35d4f32-cb74-49c1-a232-db03addb8125">New Year's Resolutions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can't belive it is already (almost) New Year's. I feel like I'm still trying to START last years resolutions. Oh how time flies by! What are your New Year's resolutions for 2011. Mine (and this is a list in progress)... 1<strong>. Read all 7 Harry Potter books in time to see Deathly Hallows Part 1 in theaters and attend the midnight premire of Part 2</strong>. 2. Be able to go to the Mexican resturant and have a conversation with my waitress in Spanish (this needs to happen sooner than later... ugh. Spanish is going to be the death of me). 3. Graduate with a 3.5 GPA in December of 2011. 4. Find a wedding dress that I have no second thoughts or regrets about! 5. Visit the Pacific Northwest, including Alaska. 6. STOP PROCRASTINATING. About everything. EDIT: some of mine, are more goals! Oh well...I hope to complete at least TWO!
    Posted by palmettogirl924[/QUOTE]

This is so exciting.  I'm assuming you've started already?  How far into the series are you?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-years-resolutions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:27251011-a5cf-4080-b7ed-09667eed1e65Post:9fffad32-311f-4803-89d3-4d8e88b5416e">Re: New Year's Resolutions</a>:
    [QUOTE]1.  Lose weight / Get back into shape (always on my list) 2.  Get better at managing money 3.  Be neater 4.  Be a better girlfriend to BF (who will hopefully be FI by New Year's) In Response to New Year's Resolutions : This is so exciting.  I'm assuming you've started already?  How far into the series are you?
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

I finished Book 1 over Thanksgiving. I've started Book 2 tonight!
    Anniversary
  • Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-years-resolutions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:27251011-a5cf-4080-b7ed-09667eed1e65Post:aa8531b8-e64f-496f-9ba4-fb07a804d35e">Re: New Year's Resolutions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: New Year's Resolutions : I finished Book 1 over Thanksgiving. I've started Book 2 tonight!
    Posted by palmettogirl924[/QUOTE]

Squee!!!  Chamber of Secrets seems to be the general least-favorite of the Harry Potter community, but I actually love it!  Can't wait to see what you think!
  • mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. SAVE CRAZY AMOUNTS OF MONEY!  I'm usually good with this, but living on my own last year made it hard.  Now that the BF moved in, I think I can start stashing away again. 

2. Start working out again, once my knee heals from the accident.

3. More bow-chica-bow-bow (hehe you can always have more!)

4. Enjoy more quiet, lazy nights with BF. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • edited December 2011

I never really give resolutions much thought because I know that I'm never going to stick to them... but here goes...

1. Make 5 resolutions (including this one) and stick to at least 2 of them besides #1. Which in essence means that I will have stuck to at least 3 out of 5 (winning odds if you ask me!) lol

2. If someone doesnt buy me a Wii for Christmas, I resolve to buy myself one and a Wii Fit and start an exercise regime that I will stick to!

3. In anticipation of my new NOOKcolor, I resolve to read 2 books per month, one of which will be some kind of self-improvement book. (yea right - I'll be lucky if I read 1 a month)

4. Pay off the rest of my debts by March and start saving a LARGE chunk of money every month and develop a plan for moving out before the end of the year.

5. Delete 10 more people from my FB that I don't want to see crowding up my wall with their senseless drivel. (This one should be EASY!!)

6. (One for good luck?) Read the first Harry Potter book to see what all the fuss is about!! LOL (This one is for you, Elle!)

• CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-years-resolutions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:27251011-a5cf-4080-b7ed-09667eed1e65Post:e9fae7da-0aa1-40d7-8344-febf1465ac43">Re: New Year's Resolutions</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. SAVE CRAZY AMOUNTS OF MONEY!  I'm usually good with this, but living on my own last year made it hard.  Now that the BF moved in, I think I can start stashing away again.  2. Start working out again, once my knee heals from the accident. <strong>3. More bow-chica-bow-bow </strong>(hehe you can always have more!) 4. Enjoy more quiet, lazy nights with BF. 
    Posted by mana8503[/QUOTE]
    This! We need it.<div>
    </div><div>And also, working harder at school.</div>
  • edited December 2011
    I usually don't do new years resolutions, but this year my BF has a good one that he really needs so I will make some too.
    1. Get our debt (student loans) at least halfway paid off by the end of next year.
    2. Create a bucket list and mark off one item each month.
  • calindicalindi member
    edited December 2011
    I usually only make one so I can focus on sticking with it.  This year, to stop biting my nails since it's a strong possibility that I'll be getting engaged in the next year so I want pretty nails when that happens!  Also, to save a 2-month emergency fund and not touch it.

Anniversary

• Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hmmm, this just reminded me.  BF made a resolution list last year.
    1.) Quit Smoking
    2.) Lose weight
    3.) Get Engaged

He quit smoking. 1 and 2 are still in the air.

Last year I vowed to lose weight and become more organized.
    I have become more organized, I have gained weight.
    And I quit biting my nails after like 20 years of it!!
    Loves2shop, you can do that.  Just start painting and taking care of you nails, they'll grow quickly and you'll be able to quit.

This year- probably quit smoking.  Papa died in March, from complications semi-related to smoking, and Uncle was diagnosed with Cancer last week with a grim prognosis.  So it's time for me to throw them down.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm I'm not crazy on resolutions. But I'm sort of doing them. I like the idea of taking the time to figure out what areas of my life need some work.

I really want to stop biting my nails. But it's a terrible addiction/affliction! And I'm not sure I want to commit to making it a "resolution".

I do want to get back into the gym more. I think that's plausible. Even just once in a while. And hopefully start taking some classes. I would LOVE to do yogalates on Saturday mornings, I just need to work up the energy to get moving :P

I did have a goal of wanting to go travelling somewhere I haven't been before, and I succeeded with that one already :) That's one of my goals I've been trying to do once a year for a few years now: travelling to some place I've never been (in or out of country). This will be my 5th year in successfully doing that.
    edited December 2011
    I'm a nail bitter too, only I go in waves.  Sometimes I have pretty long nails, and other times they are gross nubs.  I notice I don't bother than AS much if I keep them maintained (filed, polished etc).  So I've got them filed and got some hard as nails clear polish last night and plan to paint them tonight actually.  If I don't bother them for a week, I have pretty pale pink polish to reward myself... and go from there!

I too want pretty nails for my pretty ERing... I need to stop since it really bothers the BF.  He thinks it's a sign I'm unhappy/nervous/etc.
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
    edited December 2011
    Forgot to add, chewing gum helps me too...
    my 2012 shelf:
  • edited December 2011

I'm a huge list maker. I always come up with a list of 101 things I want to try to accomplish every year, and I'm participating in the Day Zero Project (LINK). I find that I'm more likely to get off my arse and actually do things if I have a list to check things off of.

As for actual resolutions for next year, mine are probably as follows:

1) Lose the rest of my unwanted poundage before the wedding.
    2) Try one new recipe per week for the whole year.
    3) Try one new food per month for the whole year.
    4) Work out 3-5 times/week.
    5) Get to Disney at least 3 times with Mike.
    6) Really tackle my "list of movies I want to see" list that I've had going for ages.

7) Actually go on a honeymoon.

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

• jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    1.  Ditto with reading all 7 Harry Potter books
    2.  Get in shape for the wedding
    3.  Implement a better diet/workout plan for general health
    4.  Go to the dentist (not that I don't like them, I've just been procrastinating)
    5.  Apply for a passport (not really a resolution, just a to-do)
    6.  Learn Spanish
    7.  Complete divemaster certification
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't really thought about a resolution until now! Two off the top of my head are:
    1) Make most of my meals at home, including bread, bagels, etc.
    2) Stick to working out 4-5 times per week now that I found a routine I like!
    Planning/Project Fit

Photobucket
    "Sounds of laughter shades of earth are ringing through my open ears inciting and inviting me"
  • redheadtmkredheadtmk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Palmetto---you should definitely come to the Pacific Norhtwest!

My resolutions:   1. stop procrastinating
    2. get more sleep so i stop missing classes
    3. eat healthier-which means eating at meal times instead of being too busy until i slow down for the night and gorging at 11pm-1 am.
    4.be better at keeping in touch with my nephews/neices/godchildren who live far away
  • edited December 2011
    I totally agree about the church thing.
  • edited December 2011
    My main goal is to loose the weight I want to loose by my wedding in November.
  • Blue & WhiteBlue & White member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    1.  Keep in shape/actually go to the gym when I say I'm going to
    2.  Learn my new students' names in less than 3 weeks :)
    3.  Organize my life (BF would be so proud)

I'm not super big on setting unrealistic goals, so that's about all I can give you for now.  I like shorter term goals better :)

I also plan on reading about a zillion books, but I doubt that will NOT happen.  I'm kinda a book-fiend.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • edited December 2011
    Hmm I haven't actually thought too much about these because I don't usually make them. Off the top of my head:

1. Stick to my exercise routine and keep my weight off. It's been off for almost a year and I want to keep it that way.

2. Start and stick to a more organized budget and savings plan.

3. Finish up my graduate school program on time no matter how much I want to die doing so.

4. Enjoy the next freaking year of my life! The last 11 months have been a rollercoaster and I'd love to get on track.

5. Spend more time with my family (meaning Dad, grandparents, siblings) I don't do enough of it now.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards