Connecticut

Need your help deciding!

I'm trying to decide between 2 florists and am having the hardest time. Flowers are one of the more important things to me and I have a specific idea of what I want, so I'm being way more picky about this choice than I normally would be. My main requirements are that my arrangements be full and pretty big, and that they display all my colors well (lavender, light blue, and white)

(I've mentioned who the 2 florists are in previous postings, but I'll leave their names out here to try and make this as objective as possible. Although some of you may be able to guess who I'm talking about!)

So.... who would you pick?

Option #1
-More expensive (would be a bit over our budget)
-Not as well-known on this board but has tons and tons of incredible reviews on other websites (weddingreports.com, weddingwire.com, etc)
-Doesn't have any bad reviews
-The large, full centerpieces that I'd like may be a bit smaller than what I originally wanted
-Will not provide a prototype/sample for free (but will if I pay for it)

Option #2
-Cheaper (by about $300-$500- would be right on budget)
-Recommended by many of the girls on this board, but doesn't have as many good reviews on other websites
-Florist is able to do the large, full centerpieces I'm looking for (so the size I want will not be compromised)
-A couple things that concerned me: I read a review that said the flowers were wilted when they arrived (although it was 90 degrees that day).  Another girl mentioned that one of the flowers in her arrangements were the completely wrong color- not just the wrong shade of a color (this is concerning to me because my whole wedding has been planned around my colors)
-Will provide a prototype/sample for free

Both florists will be using the same variety and types of flowers that I discussed with them. I've met with both of them and felt comfortable speaking with both. And I think that both of them had a good grasp of what my vision is (if I absolutely HAD to pick one that I thought had a better idea of what I wanted then it would be Option #1)
imageAnniversary

Re: Need your help deciding!

• edited December 2011
    I voted option 2, but then my take on flowers is that they "look pretty". It's driving my aunt (my florist) nuts! I say go with what will make you feel less stressed. If you are less stressed about something and keep second guessing it, it isn't worth it. 

You also have time to research a few other options as well, so if neither of these two fit the bill, maybe someone else will.

good luck.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Melissa603Melissa603 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would go with Florist #1 and talk with them about making the centerpieces a bit bigger and fuller 
  • Mona8Mona8 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_need-deciding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:f1d7e906-d81c-40fa-bcd3-ff694f8e47b3Post:dbd40521-46a4-4621-b7e2-3cae1406d698">Re: Need your help deciding!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would go with Florist #1 and talk with them about making the centerpieces a bit bigger and fuller 
    Posted by Melissa603[/QUOTE]

That's not really an option since making them bigger would make it more expensive and this florist is already over our budget
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    If you're worried about being over budget, I'd definitely go with #2 - unless there's something else you're willing to sacrafice.  Honestly though, if you don't think you'd be significantly happier with #1 and are unsure, I would save the money because other expenses will come up for sure and you don't want to start going over what you can afford.
    imageimage
  • edited December 2011
    option 1.... you said it was a bit over your budget... why don't you talk to them and maybe they will be able to help you out.
  • Mona8Mona8 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_need-deciding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:f1d7e906-d81c-40fa-bcd3-ff694f8e47b3Post:b85f891a-2334-4797-8779-be408a5bb266">Re: Need your help deciding!</a>:
    [QUOTE]option 1.... you said it was a bit over your budget... why don't you talk to them and maybe they will be able to help you out.
    Posted by Maryd68[/QUOTE]

I have talked with them about it. And the more expensive price is the lowest they could give me, even after decreasing the size I wanted for the centerpieces and adding some cheaper flowers.
    imageAnniversary
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just put something very strong in your contract about the appropriate colors, with swatches from Home Depot in your color stapled to her version of the contract.  My guy is a law student, and has been very particular in putting stringent clauses in our contracts (like a deduction in cost for every time the DJ plays a song on the "Do Not Play" list).  You don't have to be that harsh, I'd just say specifically in the contract that the colors should be X and Y.  Then, if your flowers aren't those colors, you can take her to small claims court to recoup your losses.

Those mistakes don't happen often, though.  Usually it's a mistake by the bride in communicating.

Anniversary

• Mona8Mona8 member
    edited December 2011
    Keep the votes and suggestions coming ladies! They're definitely helping me out!

I'm finally leaning towards one choice over the other! I'm just letting myself mull over it for a few more days and waiting for a final price quote from one of the florists (although it won't change too drastically from the quote I already have).

I'll reveal who Option 1 and Option 2 are in a few days along with my final decision!
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards