January 2012 Weddings

I am a college graduate with my master's and I interviewed for a teaching job!

Just thought I'd share.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker

Re: I am a college graduate with my master's and I interviewed for a teaching job!

• Congrats!!!! How did your interview go yesterday?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Thanks! My interview went well. It was very informal. I was at the principal's desk, face to face with her, as opposed to a panel of interviewers in a board office. She asked me only about 5 questions and they were very simple. She just asked me questions like, "why did you decide you wanted to become a teacher?" and "how do you rate your technology skills?" She also had me grade an essay. I had to bring in 2 lesson plans and she reviewed them while I graded the essay. At the end of the interview she asked me if I had questions. I asked her about PLC's (professional learning communities) and about professional development. Then I asked her for feedback on the lessons I brought. She said she loved the one but the other one she would not recommend for 6th grade. I had the students learning prepositions to the tune of Yankee Doodle. She said 6th graders wouldn't like to sing. I thought she was dead wrong, because I've had 7th graders do this, but I didn't not tell her that. I just said, "okay." Then she congratulated me on my completion of my master's and thanked me for coming in.

When I got home I sent her an email thanking her and also attached one of my certifications that she said she needed. Now is the waiting game, but I know there are two more rounds of interviews and she is going to choose three candiates for the next round. She said she'd call me either way this coming week. I'm really hoping I get a call with good news.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Congrats!

Good Luck on the interview!
  • Sounds like it went well! Congrats!
  • Congrats on your graduating! Thats a big deal! I'll keep my fingers crossed about your job interview as well!
  • Haha I didnt notice this posted under my screen name I used for the nest... whoopsie!
    Wedding Items for Sale!! http://wedding12712.weebly.com/ Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards