Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Song to sing while walking down the aisle

I am a singer and can sing anthing from Mariah Carrey to Barbara Streisand. I would like to sing to my groom as I walk down the aisle. I don't have a ton of bridesmaids or groomsmen so it should be something that I can maybe sing the first verse and chorus to. Even if it's an uptempo song I'm going to hire an acoustic guitarist to play with me so we can slow it down. Any suggestions?

Re: Song to sing while walking down the aisle

• kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Hmm do you guys have a special song?
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • alivesoonalivesoon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    a song that means something to both of you,
    or a song that represents your love for him !  a song that makes you think of him when you listen to it
  • Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really think you should do this at the reception instead. You can sing a whole song instead of a partial one, it'll be more well recieved, and honestly, I think it will be more meaningful because you can look at him and concentrate on singing rather than concentrate on him while timing your walking.  If you're dead set on singing at the ceremony, then I think you should make a place for yourself to do it during the ceremony but not while walking down the aisle.  Perhaps, after a reading or after the vows, you could hold his hands and sing a few verses to him. 
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a singer (and organist) as well.  I sing and/or play at a lot of weddings.  I wouldn't sing during my own ceremony.  And I didn't sing at my kids' weddings.

Your wedding ceremony is a very, very emotional time for you.  I don't think, until you've been in it, that you can appreciate how emotional it is.  I didn't.  And I never dreamed that I'd be as emotional as I was during my own kids' weddings.

I'd wait, as PP said, and sing at the reception.  I also have to say that I think singing your way down the aisle would just come off poorly with your guests.

Savor every minute of watching your groom as you walk down the aisle, and then if you feel compelled to sing to him, do it at either the RD or the reception. 
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards