New Jersey

How long till you get your marriage certificate back

Quick question -- how long does it usually take from the time your are married until the time you get your marriage certificate in the mail?? Do you just get one -- or do you have to send away for one? I have been married 2.5 months and still no certificate -- should I start to look into this?? thanks

Re: How long till you get your marriage certificate back

• viviannacviviannac member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had to go to the Board of Health (place which issued our marriage license) to pick up copies and each copy was $15.  We were married on November 5th and picked up the certificates on November 18th.  I believe you can also order it online but you have to pay additional service fees for that. 
    Anniversary
  • smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had to go to the county clerk's office in the town where we were married (not the town that you live in) and you get the certificate there. For us they did not automatically mail it. I would call the town and fnd out since everyone is different. I would defintiely start looking into it though.
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    We also had to request ours through the mail (might have been able to pick it up, but i didn't feel like driving the 45 minutes each way).
    Visit The Nest!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards