Wedding Woes

I am probably doing a horrible thing to myself

After I took The Chubbs to WA, DH was annoyed that I hadn't made any effort to go to WI to MIL's house. I don't know why I would be, because she lives in a 100+ yo farm house with no cable, outside a town of 600 people, and has one bathroom. What exactly about that makes me want to take my baby and head out on a vacation?

I did however feel bad. So many of DH's family members have not seen The Chubbs. We have not been to WI since we moved in 2005. I know it would make MIL happy, even though she drives me crazy.

So today I looked for plane tickets. $275 r/t per person in May, and we have about $500 in cash back so we wouldn't pay much out of pocket. Plus, I have a free car rental for a week. I bet DH will want to go, and I'll say yes, and then when we get back I'll need to drink myself stupid for a week.

Re: I am probably doing a horrible thing to myself

• edited December 2011
    who is this soft and thoughtful person and what have you done with OUR Pmeg?!
  • *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    why wait until you get back?
  • **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_am-probably-doing-horrible-thing-myself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:fc0b6091-b137-43b6-83da-9eb8e4f137b2Post:d5664522-24c2-44ce-9612-9436b2fe9e0f">Re: I am probably doing a horrible thing to myself</a>:
    [QUOTE]who is this soft and thoughtful person and what have you done with OUR Pmeg?!
    Posted by Cant_wait![/QUOTE]

this
  • PMeg819PMeg819 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    I'll tell you my mean story in a bit.
  • edited December 2011
    also your avatar is cracking me up now that I questioned what you did with our pmeg.

haha, it's funny because it isn't you!
  • Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just pack a large bottle of peppermint schnapps. No one will know, and you can stay drunk and minty fresh the whole week.

YWIA!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • tawillerstawillers member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should make it a one-way ticket and only stay at MIL's for one day.  Use the rest of the week to drive back home and hit all the Midwest WWers' houses on the way back.

Oface and I would meet somewhere so it would only be one stop for you!
  • skippylouwhoskippylouwho member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My DH would bring up visiting his parents (he couldn't stand them either). I'd say something negative about it/them and he'd get in a snit.  One day I decided that - I needed to grow up, suck it up and go visit them if he wante to and take our 2 kids.

after that every time he'd bring up going to visit his parents I'd say "ok, when do you want to go."  Funny thing, he'd shut up and drop the subject and I didn't have to go visit the in laws.  He couldn't blame me any longer for our not coming to visit but he didn't want to go either. 

The moral of the story?  I didn't need to grow up after all, I just had to appear willing to go visit his family.   And fyi, we're not the only ones who didn't like them, NONE of their 5 kids did.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards