August 2012 Weddings

accidentaly found my dress?

Though I'd bounce this off you ladies since some people would think I was crazy for finding a dress this far out...

I went with my mom to pick up my bridesmaid dress for my sister's wedding which is this aug., and my mom is convinced i should wear a disney princess dress for my wedding since I heart disney.  This bridal shop is one of two in CT that actually carry the sample gowns, so we just asked to look at them.  Mind you, I did not plan on actually dress shopping til my sister's wedding was over, so as not to steal her thunder.  Well the girl that showed us the back room asked if I had time to try on a couple!  I was so caught off guard because it never crossed my mind!  For some reason, finding a dress was never at the top of my list.  I tried on Tiana's dress first and fell in love!  Can it actually be that easy??  I also loved Belle, and tried on sleeping beauty and then a maggie sottero, but I love Tiana the most. 

I didn't buy anything because I wanted to make sure I wasn't just totally wrapped up in the moment.  I have a tendency to make impulse buys.  (I'm that girl the marketers designed all the stuff near the check out register for).   They said their prices change in July and January, so I might go back at the end of June to figure it out.  I might also check out the other store that carries the samples, since this bridal shop screwed up our bridesmaids dresses.

so here's the link!  I look at it all day every day now!  http://www.alfredangelo.com/Collections/ProductDisplay.aspx?productID=63052349-7876-4346-b00b-9ca5c68a4edc&categoryID=1975d565-34d2-4d81-90c9-437deabe902d&pg=1&colorId1=
8/12 March Siggy- reception venue!
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: accidentaly found my dress?

• It very very beautiful!! You are NOT crazy, I have my dress already, found it back in Jan. and I believe a couple other girls on here have found their dresses too!! You just have to be TOTALLY in love with it and not to keep looking once you put money on it! My dress is exactly what I was dreaming of and even carried a picture around with me of it and my Fiance's sister found it at the store without me EVER showing her the picture, and got it for a steal! If you feel that that dress is your dress then you should definetly say yes to it!

This is what my mom asked me when I thought I was nuts: How would you feel if you walked away from the dress and it ended up that you went back to the store and it wasn't there?

http://www.davincibridal.com/collections.php?cat=22&p=118&t0=b&t1=f&t2=c

There's my dress if you wanted to see it :)

Good luck!!

Can't wait to marry my best friend!! imageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • that dress would look terrible on me, but WOW its gorgeous! 

I have one in mind that i keep going back to and comparing others too.  i have a feeling its going to be MINE. haha  it was the 2nd dress i ever tried on - and at the time I was only going out on a whim. i'm not going to consider purchasing til this August.

sneak peek -- http://www.morilee.com/bridals/bridal/2302

In any case - theres nothing wrong with accidentally finding it early! As long as you love it =)

• yes i do love it.  Thanks for the advice, I would be very sad if I went back and it wasn't there.  I don't think I'd have a problem buying early, because I've never been a big shopper.  It's hard to find clothes that fit me right so it was never an enjoyable experience, so I don't think I'll miss that part of the process.  and I've never sat online for hours just looking for dresses so I should be able to stop looking right after.  I love Say Yes to the Dress, but could never afford those dresses so I don't have to worry about wanting one of those!

I was worried the big ballgown would be a bit much, but like the consultant said, I'm 6 feet tall so my body can pull it off without it looking like I'm lost in there. 

Your dresses are beautiful!!
    8/12 March Siggy- reception venue!
  • I think you should go for it. I think that you need to do whats right for you, and if that means getting your dress now then go for it! Each bride is different and even some of those girls on Say Yes to the Dress got their dresses 1 1/2 to 2 year ahead of time simply because they had to book their appts that early LOL LOL

That dress is beautiful (all of the dresses above are!) so why wait if you know its the one? :)
    image 223 Invited
    image 127 Wouldn't miss it
    image 64 Passed on the fun
    image 32 Still undecided
    RSVP Date: August 1, 2012 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_accidentaly-found-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:2d4f079e-97a2-4e1f-9ca3-01b3efef1489Post:99e2c084-eee4-4d65-9892-f655bb821463">Re: accidentaly found my dress?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think you should go for it. I think that you need to do whats right for you, and if that means getting your dress now then go for it! Each bride is different and even some of those girls on Say Yes to the Dress got their dresses 1 1/2 to 2 year ahead of time simply because they had to book their appts that early LOL LOL That dress is beautiful (all of the dresses above are!) so why wait if you know its the one? :)
    Posted by sasha213sw[/QUOTE]

Definetly agree! Why wait if you found THE dress?!
    Can't wait to marry my best friend!! imageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • That is absolutely gorgeous!! :) And there is nothign wrong with finding your dress this early, just make sure to not look around at dresses anymore so that you don't second guess yourself! But congrats on getting the dress :)
  • I accidentally found my dress too. Had no intentions of buying just wanted to see which shape and color looked good one me. Just ordered my dress this weekend. Like many other girls have said, they have found theirs too. So go for it!!
  • wow! everyones dresses are gorgeous :) I can't wait for the feeling of knowing I found "it". I started looking in January and if I had found it I would've bought it, but I haven't yet. I don't think it is too soon. I just know that when I find the dress I'm going to have to stop looking or I'll go nuts!! So I guess if you're prepared to stop, then go for it!
    August 2012 Challenge - Dream Pet: Miniature Goldendoodle
  • I am in the same boat, I think I just found my dress as well this week (decided it was time for a little motivation to lose weight). And the people at David's Bridal said it'll take at 3 months for the dress to come in, plus the alts. and what not. So I find it to be a very good thing to find a dress early, since you never know if it's going to come in right the first time, and if it doesn't, it'll have to be sent back to be corrected. Congratulations! I love the Disney Bridal collection (I thought about Jasmine's myself.)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you found a dress, love it, can afford it, and know you won't regret purchasing it, GO FOR IT!

I went dress shopping last month with my mom, FMIL, and FSIL (who is a BM) just to get an idea of what I like... and wound up purchasing the first dress I tried on (9 dresses later LOL). It may seem a little early, but if you found a dress you love at a price you are comfortable with, why not?

As others have said, just don't go second-guessing yourself or tempt yourself by shopping around after you've put money down...

P.S. The dress is lovely! It would never work on me (I tried on a few ballgowns, but at 5'1", they completely overwhelmed my petite frame), but I envy you for being able to pull off such a decadent dress!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards