May 2012 Weddings

Mason jars for wine glasses??

If you went to a wedding and there were mason jars for wine glasses, would you think it was cute and goes with the theme or would you hate it ??? 

T saw this on pinterest and is super in love with the Idea and I'm not so sure people will like it. 

Your thoughts are appriciated!
TIA

Re: Mason jars for wine glasses??

• I think it would be an awesome idea!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • are they the ones that are mason jars with wine stems? I love them, but i cant find any ones that are cheap!!! 

My centerpieces are mason jars, so i loved the idea, but they are not cheap!! If you can afford it I say go for it!!

• its a cute idea!!! HOWEVER have you ever drank from a mason jar? lol. It can be tricky not to spill it so you might want to consider a different option if they will be holding red wine.  :)
    Anniversary
  • We're doing mason jars for all drinks, but also providing straws- Because nothing is classier than drinking wine from a jar with a straw ;)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_mason-jars-for-wine-glasses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:5c2e4a6e-0799-45db-af60-45dad2f2d8e2Post:c5ebd591-1f9f-4831-8544-acf55a66f9d8">Re: Mason jars for wine glasses??</a>:
    [QUOTE]are they the ones that are mason jars with wine stems? I love them, but i cant find any ones that are cheap!!!  My centerpieces are mason jars, so i loved the idea, but they are not cheap!! If you can afford it I say go for it!!
    Posted by carlowgirl10[/QUOTE]

<div>You can make them for pretty cheap! Get the crystal candle holders from the dollar store, and use E-6000 glue to attach them to the mason jar. I did this as a wedding gift for one of my brides who had a country/rustic wedding. And you can even put something colorful/pretty in the hollow part of the candle holder before you glue it to the mason jar so that it gives it a pop of color. :)</div><div>
    </div><div>And I love drinking out of mason jars, so I would think it was fun!</div>
  • It wouldn't be my taste personally, but I don't think there is any drink container that I would feel strongly enough about to "hate"!  I might need a little hint that I was supposed to drink out of it though, haha
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I agree that drinking out of a mason jar can be tricky because of the rim. Probably not a good idea with red wine, but if you do straws that could work (Also strange to drink wine with a straw, but could make for fun decorating)!
    Married since May 12, 2012
  • T likes it so much I think I may have to give him this one. Even if I am not 100% on it. 

The rims on our jar are not difficult to drink from. I checked it out. lol
     I may add the straws to them after all I do have 400 of them lol. It is for red and white wine and non- alcoholic wine sprtizers as a lot of the women are KU.  

Thanks for the input! Everyone I appriciate everyones reponses!
  • I would immediately think of the redneck wine glass.. lol:
    http://www.amazon.com/The-Original-RedNek-Wine-Glass/dp/B004HZR94O

I think they are unique.. I actually have one, if they go with your wedding theme they go for it!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I went to a wedding last summer where all drinks except bottled beer were served in mason jars. I thought it was adorable & fit the bride & groom's theme very well! I say go for it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I actually love the idea.  We were originally going to do that, but I decided I didn't want to have to wash the jars (twice) and transport them to and from the reception hall.....  I think it's s super fun idea, though!

PS- We use mason jars to drink out of at home sometimes... it's not difficult!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Honestly, I am not a fan of this idea. It's cute for some pics but not functional - like PPs have said it's going to be hard to drink out of those!

I would try to find alternative glasses - maybe a similar shape and you can add some decorations (ribbon, twine maybe?) to fit your theme. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards