Not Engaged Yet

Flashback and Flashforward

Top 5 things I've learned this year:

1. The next time I have a wedding (ha) I will not expect everyone to RSVP.
2. Being in a room with 120 people you know is a lot.
3. American Idol is better than the X-Factor.
4. How much my H gets me, and how much I still need to learn about him.
5. What I love about my friends.

Top 5 things I'm looking forward to in 2013:

1. Meeting Tiger! 5 days!
2. My sister starting HS.
3. Hopefully getting pregnant.
4. Traveling around more.
5. Painting the rooms in my house and adding decorations like pictures!

See what you wrote last year/credit to dwest:
http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_end-of-2011-thoughts

Re: Flashback and Flashforward

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_flashback-and-flashforward?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ed4eb3d1-3617-498c-8f86-ec66864e766ePost:5568ac33-ce93-4739-bcb3-77b132051197">Re: Flashback and Flashforward</a>:
    [QUOTE]Top 5 things I've learned this year:  1. I am way braver than I ever thought possible, and I love myself more than I thought. 2. Just because someone is a wonderful person doesn't mean they are the person with whom you should spend the rest of your life -- and you can definitely love someone but not be IN love with them.  3. Buying a home requires "just one more" signature and "just one more" check every time you think you're done, but the hassle is totally worth it for the pride and joy that comes from being a homeowner and doing it 100% on your own. 4. Happiness can come in dog-shaped packages. 5. Love will find you unexpectedly if you're open to it. Top 5 things I'm looking forward to in 2013:  1. Strengthening my relationship with B. 2. Turning my house into a home by way of fully decluttering and decorating. 3. Focusing on my health, and trying to lose 50 lbs this calendar year. 4. Setting realistic, attainable, but ambitious goals at work and rocking at my job. 5. Dog training classes with Ty.
    Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]

I feel that everything in this matches your avatar perfectly. Way to be such a bright and shiny light of a person.
  • Top 5 things I've learned this year:

1. Other people's stress can rub off on you and it's better to avoid them
    2. Sometimes things don't happen the way you wanted but that's okay
    3. Growing apart from friends is hard but it happens
    4. Weight loss isn't everything
    5. Grad school isn't as hard as I thought it would be

1. Getting engaged
    2. Getting married
    3. Finishing grad. school
    4. Getting to teach
    5. Hopefully getting a new puppy :)

• Top 5 Things I've Learned This Year:
    1)Money CAN buy happiness - Well, if you use it to perfect the most perfect little shiba inu in the world Laughing
    2) Working from home means I need to make a bigger effort to be social - but it's usually worthwhile.
    3)Going on vacation somewhere warm in the middle of winter is THE BEST.
    4) Despite what people around me have claimed - it's NOT bad or weird to NOT fight with your SO.
    5) I'm most happy when those around me are happy, and for once - all of my closest loved ones are happy, healthy, and in love. There's nothing better than that!

Top 5 Things I'm Looking Forward to in 2013:
    1) Attending 1, 2, or 3 weddings for good friends
    2) Puppy class with Kaya in January/February, and then agility classes with her by the summer.
    3) Trip to Jamaica in 16 days!
    4) BF finally getting health insurance through his job, and possibly, hopefully, a big raise within the next couple of months.
    5) Probably shouldn't say this...but I'm really hoping BF and I get engaged, and I'm pretty confident it will happen by the end of 2013. That said, I'm enjoying our relationship as it is right now. I am so happy to be with someone so perfect for me, and at that stage where I can even reasonably imagine getting engaged to him in the near future. It's exciting!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • buddysmom80buddysmom80 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2012

1.  Buying a house isn't as hard as I made it out to be!
    2.  Direct flights to Cancun are always best unless I want to be stuck in an airport.
    3.  Living with my BF has been enjoyable.
    4.  I'm still anxious this time of year that someone that I love will leave me.
    5.  Being friends with people OL is not "weird"

1.  Losing more weight
    2.  Getting engaged (?)
    3.  Spending time with my family
    4.  Getting to know all of you better
    5.  Doing a big project for the house

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_flashback-and-flashforward?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:ed4eb3d1-3617-498c-8f86-ec66864e766ePost:97813821-918c-4807-bf77-7db251d99dbf">Re: Flashback and Flashforward</a>:
    [QUOTE]Top 5 Things I've Learned This Year: 1)Money CAN buy happiness - Well, if you use it to perfect the most perfect little shiba inu in the world  2) Working from home means I need to make a bigger effort to be social - but it's usually worthwhile. 3)Going on vacation somewhere warm in the middle of winter is THE BEST. 4) Despite what people around me have claimed - it's NOT bad or weird to NOT fight with your SO. 5) I'm most happy when those around me are happy, and for once - all of my closest loved ones are happy, healthy, and in love. There's nothing better than that! Top 5 Things I'm Looking Forward to in 2013: 1) Attending 1, 2, or 3 weddings for good friends 2) Puppy class with Kaya in January/February, and then agility classes with her by the summer. 3) Trip to Jamaica in 16 days! 4) BF finally getting health insurance through his job, and possibly, hopefully, a big raise within the next couple of months. 5) Probably shouldn't say this...but I'm really hoping BF and I get engaged, and I'm pretty confident it will happen by the end of 2013. That said, I'm enjoying our relationship as it is right now. I am so happy to be with someone so perfect for me, and at that stage where I can even reasonably imagine getting engaged to him in the near future. It's exciting!
    Posted by Hummingbird125[/QUOTE]

I just realized on your sig that you and your BF have been together for as long as my BF and I have been together.  We have an affinity for pink Kitchen Aide mixers and we both have very cute dogs.....this is very "in the stars" that we have stumbled upon each other!  LOL.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_flashback-and-flashforward?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ed4eb3d1-3617-498c-8f86-ec66864e766ePost:71015230-bffc-4992-b919-d3ab5f2e474c">Re: Flashback and Flashforward</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flashback and Flashforward : I just realized on your sig that you and your BF have been together for as long as my BF and I have been together.  We have an affinity for pink Kitchen Aide mixers and we both have very cute dogs.....this is very "in the stars" that we have stumbled upon each other!  LOL.
    Posted by buddysmom80[/QUOTE]

lol.
  • Top 5 things I've learned this year:

1. BF can be a procrastinator
    2. If you aren't having fun, don't waste time on it
    3. Cooking meat isn't as gross or hard as I thought it would be
    4. Being lactose intolerant sucks
    5. Maintaining a blog is pretty time consuming and a bit hard

1. Moving into our new home
    2. hopefully the bahamas
    3. Decorating new home
    4. Getting engaged
    5. doing more theater

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_flashback-and-flashforward?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ed4eb3d1-3617-498c-8f86-ec66864e766ePost:71015230-bffc-4992-b919-d3ab5f2e474c">Re: Flashback and Flashforward</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flashback and Flashforward : I just realized on your sig that you and your BF have been together for as long as my BF and I have been together.  We have an affinity for pink Kitchen Aide mixers and we both have very cute dogs.....this is very "in the stars" that we have stumbled upon each other!  LOL.

<div>Haha - It was a very good time of the year for us!! I think there's someone else around here who has been with their BF almost the same exact amount of time too - I forget who though. </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_flashback-and-flashforward?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:ed4eb3d1-3617-498c-8f86-ec66864e766ePost:b59c79fc-28ba-43ff-9c8d-2780237c1209">Re: Flashback and Flashforward</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flashback and Flashforward : Haha - It was a very good time of the year for us!! I think there's someone else around here who has been with their BF almost the same exact amount of time too - I forget who though. 

That's right, but who was it????  I can't believe I just realized that though lol. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown

1.  It feels good to be done with school.
    2.  Moving back to Seattle was the right choice.
    3.  Being BSC is a waste of time, and the time will come to be engaged.
    4.  Losing friends is hard but, it's better to not be around toxic people.
    5.  Losing weight isn't as important as being healthy and being okay with your body size and imagine.

1. Moving in with BF to a new, and bigger place
    2.. Going on vacation to Pittsburgh to see family in December
    3. Hopefully getting a new furbaby
    4. My friend having her baby boy in April
    5. Getting engaged?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_flashback-and-flashforward?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ed4eb3d1-3617-498c-8f86-ec66864e766ePost:94030e17-d6b6-49f6-abbd-73bdca4fa398">Re: Flashback and Flashforward</a>:
    [QUOTE]. 4.  Losing friends is hard but, it's better to not be around toxic people. 
    Posted by steign[/QUOTE]

<div>100% agree with this. I had a friendship end this year, and it was with someone who was one of my best friends, and it happened after we had lived together for 2 years. It completely sucks, and I still miss talking to her sometimes, but I've realized that the good parts of the friendship just weren't worth all of the stress and negativity.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_flashback-and-flashforward?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ed4eb3d1-3617-498c-8f86-ec66864e766ePost:70b96262-2eb6-4666-a41a-d77048c60b0c">Re: Flashback and Flashforward</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flashback and Flashforward : 100% agree with this. I had a friendship end this year, and it was with someone who was one of my best friends, and it happened after we had lived together for 2 years. It completely sucks, and I still miss talking to her sometimes, but I've realized that the good parts of the friendship just weren't worth all of the stress and negativity.

I couldn't agree more. I get sad when I think about all our good times as friends but, like you said it's not worth all the stress.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Top 5 Things I've learned this year:
    1. I knew my friends were amazing, but they consistently remind me all the time they are even more amazing than I originally thought.
    2. I can survive football season.
    3.My family is apparently awesome at keeping secrets. Who knew!?!
    4.Grilled cheese and tomato soup will make FI think I'm a superstar in the kitchen.
    5.The words budget and I do not like to get along.

Top 5 Things I'm looking forward to in 2013:
    1. Becoming a Mrs.
    2. Hopefully becoming an Aunt again
    3. My brother and his FI finally setting a date.
    4. Vacation somewhere warm:)
    5. Chicago NEY GTG
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • Beads921Beads921 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2012

1. Well, I didn't really learn this, but I finished school and started a "real" job 2 weeks later which I'm super proud of myself for.
    2. Being selfish is OK sometimes. 
    3. Babies aren't totally terrifying, and FI will be an amazing Dad someday.
    4. Owning a fixer upper sounds fun and it sometimes is; you'll certainly never be bored, but it takes major time (and money) away from other hobbies.
    5. I am capable of things I never imagined.

1. Getting married!
    2. Going to Europe.
    3. Finishing our bathroom renos.
    4. Getting some of the outdoor updates at our house complete - fresh paint on the windows and shed (or maybe new windows all together?), new storm doors, a new railing, refreshed house numbers...
    5. Spending my weekends at the cottage, on the trails, at the crag, working around the house...basically, enjoying every moment of those 2 short days rathering than squandering them on homework like I did for most of 2012.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.

1. Weddings empty your bank account.
    2. Being a wife feels totally different than being a girlfriend/fiance.
    3. People are going to say stupid things to you and call you names even if you treat them nicely.
    4. Forgiveness goes a long way.
    5. I learned just how awesome my family is.

1. Hopefully buying a house or at least being financially ready to look for one by the end of 2013.
    2. Continuing to enjoy being married.
    3. By the end of 2013 to be beginning to TTC.
    4. 3 weddings (so far!) this summer.
    5. 1 year anniversary trip to some unknown super awesome place.
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_flashback-and-flashforward?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ed4eb3d1-3617-498c-8f86-ec66864e766ePost:d02f43e2-c6fc-48ce-80b2-b071efd95b6a">Re: Flashback and Flashforward</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flashback and Flashforward : That's right, but who was it????  I can't believe I just realized that though lol. 

That would be me! Our dating anniversary is 1/21/11. :)

<strong style="background-color:#ffffff;font-size:12px;outline-width:0px;vertical-align:baseline;font-family:Arial;border-width:0px;padding:0px;margin:0px;">Top 5 things I've learned this year:

</strong><span style="font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;background-color:#ffffff;">1. FI is amazing and likes proposing and reproposing to me in the most unquie and funny ways. (5 times so far) x) I love him but some of the ways he's reasked verg on crazy! lol
    2. Being an Aunty is wonderful!
    3. I have the worst luck with roommates.
    4. My dad is one of the most generous and kind hearted people I know.
    5. It's okay to change your mind about what you want to do with your career.

</span><strong style="background-color:#ffffff;font-size:12px;outline-width:0px;vertical-align:baseline;font-family:Arial;border-width:0px;padding:0px;margin:0px;">Top 5 things I'm looking forward to in 2013: </strong>

1. Getting married to the man of my dreams!!
    2. Moving back to CO!
    3. Getting a house together.
    4. Getting a pet once we're settled.
    5. Switching jobs. :D
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited January 2013

1. I will never plan a wedding again.
    2. Traveling is my passion but I love being at home too.
    3. I am over critical.
    4. I can handle 20 units like a pro.
    5. How grateful I am for my BFF.  

1. Spending my summer with my husband camping, hike, and canoeing!
    2. Being almost finished with school.
    3. Traveling again this summer, maybe Europe, maybe Egypt, maybe Australia or maybe some cool national parks. 
    4. Learning how to manage my time better.
    5. Making some new friends at school. 

EDIT: Jen thanks for posting last year!  It was great to read what I wrote.  

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_flashback-and-flashforward?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ed4eb3d1-3617-498c-8f86-ec66864e766ePost:ab8635c5-80cf-4123-a698-d7f7bc962459">Re: Flashback and Flashforward</a>:
    [QUOTE]Top 5 things I've learned this year:  1. Well, I didn't really learn this, but I finished school and started a "real" job 2 weeks later which I'm super proud of myself for. 2. Being selfish is OK sometimes.  3. Babies aren't totally terrifying, and FI will be an amazing Dad someday. 4. Owning a fixer upper sounds fun and it sometimes is; you'll certainly never be bored, but it takes major time (and money) away from other hobbies. 5. I am capable of things I never imagined. Top 5 things I'm looking forward to in 2013:  1. Getting married! <strong>2. Going to Europe</strong>. 3. Finishing our bathroom renos. 4. Getting some of the outdoor updates at our house complete - fresh paint on the windows and shed (or maybe new windows all together?), new storm doors, a new railing, refreshed house numbers... 5. Spending my weekends at the cottage, on the trails, at the crag, working around the house...basically, enjoying every moment of those 2 short days rathering than squandering them on homework like I did for most of 2012.
    Posted by Beads921[/QUOTE]
    Are you going to Europe for your honeymoon? Where are you going?  
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_flashback-and-flashforward?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ed4eb3d1-3617-498c-8f86-ec66864e766ePost:ec74e5fd-e73d-46ea-869a-c06f77ee89d8">Re: Flashback and Flashforward</a>:
    [QUOTE]  Top 5 things I've learned this year:   1. I will never plan a wedding again. 2. Traveling is my passion but I love being at home too. 3. I am over critical. 4. I can handle 20 units like a pro. 5. How grateful I am for my BFF.   Top 5 things I'm looking forward to in 2013:   1. Spending my summer with my husband camping, hike, and canoeing! 2. Being almost finished with school. 3. Traveling again this summer, maybe Europe, maybe Egypt, maybe Australia or maybe some cool national parks.  4. Learning how to manage my time better. 5. Making some new friends at school.   EDIT: Jen thanks for posting last year!  It was great to read what I wrote.  
    Posted by ravenray[/QUOTE]

:) Seeing those old posts reminded me how fast 2012 went by.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_flashback-and-flashforward?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ed4eb3d1-3617-498c-8f86-ec66864e766ePost:ce187501-73e8-4f5e-a01e-aaa5d3eb898b">Re: Flashback and Flashforward</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flashback and Flashforward : Are you going to Europe for your honeymoon? Where are you going?  

<div>We are! We're probably going to Spain, maybe Gibraltar, Portugal and France too if we can fit it in. Or maybe somewhere totally different all together! We're definitely planning on going somewhere in that general area, but nothing is booked for sure yet. I am ridiculously excited.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_flashback-and-flashforward?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ed4eb3d1-3617-498c-8f86-ec66864e766ePost:ce187501-73e8-4f5e-a01e-aaa5d3eb898b">Re: Flashback and Flashforward</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flashback and Flashforward : Are you going to Europe for your honeymoon? Where are you going?  

<div>We are! We're probably going to Spain, maybe Gibraltar, Portugal and France too if we can fit it in. Or maybe somewhere totally different all together! We're definitely planning on going somewhere in that general area, but nothing is booked for sure yet. I am ridiculously excited.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2013

1. I don't like being away from FI on NYE
    2. Wedding planning gets old after a while
    3. I feel much better about myself when I go to the gym on a regular basis, even if I'm not losing weight
    4. Sometimes my NEY friends are better than my IRL friends
    5. We need to have more weekend G2Gs

1. Marrying FI and having a kick-ass party with all of our friends & family to celebrate
    2. Going to South Africa for our honeymoon
    3. Going to TX to see Aud, Elle, and DoubleSS (17 DAYS!)
    4. My cousin having her baby
    5. Hopefully buying a house by the end of the year

1. Life goes on.
    2. It's okay to change your mind.
    3. Less can be more.
    4. How to start saying "no" to other people; sometimes saying "no" or "not now" is loving someone else or yourself.
    5. Roasted acorn squash is tasty!

1. Starting back to school!
    2. Doing a 5K with H.
    3. Paying off a big chunk of student loans.
    4. Hopefully losing the post-wedding 10 lbs.  or at least 5.  :)
    5. Getting rid of junk: physical, emotional, mental.

1. Things can always get worse.
    2. Life goes on even when you want it just to stop.
    3. There is no such thing as enough money
    4. Cucumber rolls are delicious and seafood free :)
    5. I miss living in my hometown

1. Hopefully go back to school
    2. Get into better shape
    3. Get a dog
    4. Move into a new place
    5. Working on my photography hobby
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards