August 2012 Weddings

VENT/ADVICE on jewelry!

So I am in the process of finding jewlery for my bridesmaids..I have 3 of them. 2 are my sisters and just want me to pick out the jewlery(one is 13 so she really has no idea) BUT the other bridesmaid is not helping! I want them to like what they are wearing and not just get something they will never wear. I sent pictures and never get a response from the 1 BM--then 2 days later all i get is a "cute"

to furthure compliacte things I also have a friend who couldn't afford to be in the wedding so she is helping me be the wedding planner and person that gets things done on the day of-so I can relax and not worry.
She works at a small town jewelry store and thinks she knows everything about jewelry! I just don't know what to think anymore if I am making a good choice. She says the necklace is to small BUT my wedding is very simple and I don't want to over power me or anything.

I am in love with this style in the purple gem
http://www.etsy.com/listing/98045254/bridesmaid-gifts-set-of-five-initial
http://www.etsy.com/listing/77039719/bridesmaid-gifts-necklace-and-earring

I am just not sure if they would look good with this style dress of dress
http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Short-Crinkle-Chiffon-Dress-with-Front-Cascade-F14847_Bridal-Party-Bridesmaids-Short-Bridesmaid-Dresses

ADIVCE would be greatly appreciated!

Re: VENT/ADVICE on jewelry!

• I think the dress is simple enough that it could go with almost anything! Very nice style BTW. Those necklaces are cute, I've seen them on etsy a bunch of times and admired them. What is your wedding style, and your bridesmaids style? I almost went with jewelry from etsy bc I really liked these necklaces... but then I thought about who was in my bridal party and I decided on Michael Kors necklaces (that I found on super sale) instead... plus I thought they would all wear the MK necklace again, rather than something that was specifically geared toward my wedding... So I guess it depends... do you think that your BM will wear that necklace again (I personally would wear it) do they all love the color purple or wear it regularly so it would be something that would go with their day to day clothes? Or would you consider switching to a clear crystal so it was more versatile? Just some things to think about...
    196 Invited image
    104 Ready to Rock! image
    92 Party Poopers image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • look at the model...her necklace is simple..i love simple.  I think your choice is very nice.  and trust me, I know the feeling.  my MOH was the same way about her dress
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_ventadvice-on-jewelry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:02fa4610-63ab-406c-9ce6-17af835c87a5Post:1d081fa1-6ca4-4ba9-8677-551be5275d4b">Re: VENT/ADVICE on jewelry!</a>:
    [QUOTE]look at the model...her necklace is simple..i love simple.  I think your choice is very nice.  and trust me, I know the feeling.  my MOH was the same way about her dress
    Posted by odustudent22[/QUOTE]

<strong>My MOH is my twin sister, and she says she loves the necklace and earrings and she would most definitly wear it again. My younger sister, also a bridesmaid, is a tomboy and would wear it again when she wore the dress for other occasions.

The 3rd bridesmaid usually is simple so i thought she would like it. They all wear the color purple.</strong> <strong>

Would I be a bridezilla if I just said this is what you have to wear?!? </strong>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_ventadvice-on-jewelry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:02fa4610-63ab-406c-9ce6-17af835c87a5Post:30d8e925-bd8c-459e-b9b5-8191360a59a0">Re: VENT/ADVICE on jewelry!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think the dress is simple enough that it could go with almost anything! Very nice style BTW. Those necklaces are cute, I've seen them on etsy a bunch of times and admired them. What is your wedding style, and your bridesmaids style? I almost went with jewelry from etsy bc I really liked these necklaces... but then I thought about who was in my bridal party and I decided on Michael Kors necklaces (that I found on super sale) instead... plus I thought they would all wear the MK necklace again, rather than something that was specifically geared toward my wedding... So I guess it depends... do you think that your BM will wear that necklace again (I personally would wear it) do they all love the color purple or wear it regularly so it would be something that would go with their day to day clothes? Or would you consider switching to a clear crystal so it was more versatile? Just some things to think about...
    Posted by DeClue82[/QUOTE]

My wedding is vintage/country but not like cowboy country. We are getting married at the top of a mountain with nothing but farmland and trees sournding us and barns..with a building made out of the trees that used to be in the clearing where the reception is taking place. I am using mason jars wrapped in lace and doing simple flower arrangements for the tables. So nothing really is over the top(besides my wedding dress-<a href="http://watters.com/Product/WtooBrides/17393/)" rel="nofollow">http://watters.com/Product/WtooBrides/17393/)</a>
  • AjoydAjoyd member
    First Comment
    I think if you are buying it for them then they are pretty much obligated to wear it at least the day of the wedding :) But I do think it is nice to get something they would wear again as well. I think the necklace is simple enough they could really wear it anyway, and I love that it has their initials. Based on your description of their reactions/styles I think you should go for it.

I wore a VERY similar BM dress to yours in my brother and SIL's wedding and my SIL got me a very similar necklace to the one you are considering. It was lovely and simple and I adore the necklace. They had a beach wedding so my necklace has a starfish charm, and while I wouldn't wear a starfish as an everyday necklace I do love it and will wear it again.
    Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 since September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. photo 455d4bc3-3623-4c16-8dd1-1fbc7e99e147.jpg BabyFruit Ticker My BFP Chart
  • I have a necklace that I keep close to my heart, even though it's a style and color that I just don't wear. I keep it because it is was a gift, given at a very special time, from a person that I will always cherish. My point is, if you love the necklace and give it with love and thanks, what does it matter of your bridesmaids only wear it once? The sentiment is there, especially since you went to great lengths to make sure it was a gift they would like.
    What a beautiful mess this is...
  • Thanks ladies! This made me feel so much better! I went ahead and bought this style :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards