Michigan-Detroit
Options

TMI - How do you plan on peeing?

Awhile ago I remember watching The Doctors and they talked about bridal diapers... yuck. Everyone was grossed out, myself included. This is not an option.

I also saw this a few months ago:
http://www.projectwedding.com/wedding-ideas/peeing-while-wearing-the-dress

but was just curious how you peed on your wedding day. Did your BMs/MOH help hold your dress? Yep, I went there. I asked it. (All you other brides-to-be are wondering, I know it!)

Am I really going to sit like this? hahaha... oh dear... someone remind me to not drink a lot of anything! (I pee a bajillion times a day anyway)

Re: TMI - How do you plan on peeing?

• Options
    crhein26crhein26 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pee on the floor into the floor drain?!?!  Ewwww...disgusting!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Brian and Cori 11-19-11
  • Options
    missmelanie81missmelanie81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im sure my SIL or my mom will help me..lol. Ive had kids, so Im not embarresed for them to help me..lol.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    200image 167image 32image 1image RSVP Date: May 1st
  • Options
    drewmwdrewmw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I WAS WONDERING THE SAME THING!!!

I have a poofy tulle ballgown, and I have no idea how I am going to manage peeing in it. And everyone jokes that I always have to pee! I would love to hear everyone's adivce on this!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Created by Wedding Favors

Wedding Planning and DIY bio Updated 05/15/12
    image 167 Made the list
    image 115 Accept
    image 46 Decline
    image 6 Not ready to decide
    RSVP deadline: June 8
  • Options
    MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I plan on doing what is in the picture.  I'm just going to ask the manager to have someone mop the floor if it looks dirty to help keep my dress clean. 

I've heard to try and only use the handicap stall if you have a larger dress too.
  • Options
    vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I heard doing it backwards is the best way... And if you have someone helping hold your dress it will be easiest for them.
  • Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually didn't pee.  I was planning on doing what was in the picture and didn't end up needing it thankfully!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_tmi-plan-peeing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:539f4df1-c00a-4ba7-8c5e-6b5976ca95b4Post:d6652d70-60a8-4570-b211-826d619cebcb">Re: TMI - How do you plan on peeing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I actually didn't pee.  I was planning on doing what was in the picture and didn't end up needing it thankfully!
    Posted by emarston1[/QUOTE]

Same here!  I have no idea how I ended up lasting all day without going... but I didn't really drink much all day, I guess.  It was so busy!
  • Options
    sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had to go once and I had my MOH hold the back of it so it never touched the floor. I also had to take one leg out of my undies so that I could straddle the toilet. I could have pulled them to the side but I was worried I would have a gushing pee stream so I pulled one leg out to be safe. it wasn't too bad. Glad I only had to go once though!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_tmi-plan-peeing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:539f4df1-c00a-4ba7-8c5e-6b5976ca95b4Post:0e3bb1d8-30f4-43a7-9c70-46d6938ff0d2">Re: TMI - How do you plan on peeing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TMI - How do you plan on peeing? : Same here!  I have no idea how I ended up lasting all day without going... but I didn't really drink much all day, I guess.  It was so busy!
    Posted by abbeylynne06[/QUOTE]

Ditto the no peeing, as well.  And I actually had quite a bit to drink (4-5 alcoholic drinks, plus some water).  I got in my dress at noon, and out of it at 3 AM, and did not pee in the 15 hours between there.  And its not like I held it - I just didn't have to go.  I have no idea if it was because I was busy, or excited, or what.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL. This whole thread just cracked me up. So useful though...I hadn't even contemplated how I am going to do this! My dress isn't all that poofy though, and my MOH is awesome, so I'm sure I'll find a way to make it happen :)
    249 Invited image
    200 Are Ready to Party! image
    49 Are Missing Out image
    0 Are Making Me Wait image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm with the other ladies...I took one break and then held it. I had a break between the church and the reception, and I had the girls completely undress me and then got re-dressed.  I wished I hadn't, because they made my corset too tight and I was somewhat miserable the rest of the night.   One word of advice...if you are going to get spanx or something to that effect, make sure they have clasps at the bottom so you can unbuckle them.  The only reason I got completely undressed was because my spanx weren't set up for bathroom visits!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    PS I wouldn't worry too much about the bathroom floor, your dress is going to see a lot worse in outdoor photos (mud, grass, etc.) and on the dance floor.  Just don't spend time worrying about it, it's not worth it. ;)
  • Options
    Kimbus 87Kimbus 87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I tried it both ways (sitting on the toilet normal with bm help and then sitting backwards with my SIL help). I am the person that pee's all the time (especially when I'm nervous/excited) -- I always used the handicap stall and by the end of the night I was going by myself! It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
  • Options
    mirandall28mirandall28 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just realized I have no idea I'm going to do this! My dress is a mermaid type dress, so I'm not sure how easy it will hike up. The backwards idea seems really good, except for the whole awkward undies situation that comes with it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to see if I can get a cath from work and just do a straight cath for when I have to pee lol...
  • Options
    rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I had a big, poofy princess dress and the peeing backwards thing worked perfectly! I didn't need help from anyone, and I actually had a few guests tell me they were impressed I could pee all by myself, lol.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    lisa89760lisa89760 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

My friends came in with me the first time but I didn't need any help I just pulled it up....but we were at my house so the bathroom was big.  The second time my sister came with me but still could just hike the dress up even in a small stall.  So I just peed normally! =)

August 2011 sig challenge: Honeymoon!! (We bought a boat!!)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Thumper1148Thumper1148 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I plan doing what's in the photo.  My dress isn't that poofy, so I should be able to hike it up off the floor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards