North Carolina-Outer Banks

My OBX wedding less than 3 weeks away!!

Hi all,

We're heading down to KDH on April 17th (wedding on April 20th).  I would be happy to check things out for any other long distance planning brides while down there.  If you have any questions etc, let me know.

I plan on doing a vendor review here too when we're all done.

Happy planning all!!  (Almost done myself...)

Cheers,
Laura

Re: My OBX wedding less than 3 weeks away!!

• mskate1031mskate1031 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations! That's so exciting!

Where are you holding your ceremony and reception?
  • LRPardyLRPardy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married at the Elizabethan Gardens and have rented The Woodmere beach house that has 15 bedrooms in the main house and a honeymoon cottage.  It's recently been renovated but it is very rustic (not like the fancy ones).
  • sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! So exciting!!! We are getting married in KDH too- let us know how it all goes, after you're back and  a relaxed Mrs. of course. Smile
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • HStaffordHStafford member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats - so exciting!!  I'm sure the anticipation is rough and you just want to get down there - hope all goes smoothly for you!!
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Yayyyy!!!  So excited for you! 

The Woodmere is an AWESOME house....love that place!

• LRPardyLRPardy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OBX2011 I am so glad to hear you say that.  It was pretty torn up by the reno when I was there in Dec and I admit to being a little nervous... 
  • edited December 2011

Congrats!
    I would love to know who is doing your hair and makeup and if you were happy with the whole experience.

Thanks and have a great time!

• mparwulskimparwulski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Exciting!  Would love to know how everthing goes.  Best...
  • princesskmpprincesskmp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, I am a bit envious.  Our wedding is in October and the waiting is killing me.  Sounds like you have everything worked out so I am sure it will all be lovely.  Congratulations!
  • dwfangirldwfangirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LR - I am right behind you!  3.5 weeks for me, heading down on the 22nd!  Good luck and best wishes!  :)  
  • LRPardyLRPardy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have lucked out in that the cousin of my MOH just graduated from hair dressing school so for a free vacation she's coming down to do my hair.  I don't wear make up regularly but have my comfort level with doing it myself.  Sorry I won't be able to give you vendor reviews for that.

L
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards