Getting in Shape

Workout Accountability Tuesday

Hey! I got an early morning phone call, so I'm here a little earlier than expected.

Today is a cardio day. I need to find a weight plan that I'm happy with, and reseach better eating patterns. Pepsi is my nemesis!

Between thunderstorms we went to the beach yesterday so dd and the dogs could cool off. FI took a bunch of pics, we all played in the water for a bit, then came back to sheet in some walls. FI's hammering arm is getting pretty sore, and all my nails are gone from hammer strikes! I've got bruises on my legs from holding stuff up with them too. We will be in rough shape when we go back to work - in one week!

What's everyone up to today?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Workout Accountability Tuesday

• I'm so glad someone else started this because I feel like a bum from yesterday!

I got a walk in with a co-worker yesterday afternoon and that was it! I'm trying not to be too hard on myself though because I got a LOT of stuff done that I needed to.

Tonight my priority is hitting the gym for some heavy cardio and a little weightlifting. I think it's going to be the last day I can truly exercise before the wedding so I definitely need it.
  • Well, I walked a lot yesterday, but it was at the state fair, so my eating was down the tubes.  I really need to crack down today.  I have 18 days and don't want excess flab on my wedding day.  So heres to good eating and working out!
    Once upon a time, there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.
  • Morning!

Jennylee that sounds brutal, hopefully the bumps and bruises heal quickly! if you are worried about your nails maybe treat yourself to a manicure once everything is all done....I would say you earned a reward!

Entropic..4 days! goodness! So close, I say just do whatever you need to do to keep your sanity.

Last night I was JUST about to go for a run (dressed, shoes on doing pre-run stretches) when a torrential rain fall started...and just didnt stop...I ended up doing some squats but not much else. Tonight I will be back out for sure.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lol - I'm pretty tough and it's a small price to pay ... I lost the first two nails on the first two days. I cut the rest off then. It's funny; just as I get a beautiful engagement ring, I have to cut all my nails off because if I don't, they're going to get split up or ripped off! I keep telling myself that they'll look decent by the time I go back to work and have to interact with people again! Everyone here is obsessed with gel nails, but I can't get my head around them, especially since my natural ones are strong (when not being hit with hammers, of course).

I actually did my teacher training as a tech teacher, and construction is a component of that. I'm no stranger to bumps and bruises caused by building. Our final project three summers ago was to build a shed w/o plans, which is exactly what FI and I are doing now!

I've been waiting for the second phone call since I did the first posting. Honestly, I could have done three workouts by now! How hard is it to call someone back???

So much for getting my workout done first thing this morning. *sigh
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I feel like such a slacker - I need to get inspired! Oh wait - would that be the day I walk down the aisle? Surprised I need to get busy!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Kw enjoy your wedding week looking forward to pictures. No workout for me today. I think I pulled something in my back, figured I should rest instead. We leave Thursday for Yellowstone and I need to be able to hike! I don't want to feel crappy on the HM.

August 2012 - Married! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_workout-accountability-tuesday-43?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:611dedca-4990-4465-a800-464e32d148d3Post:ab8a3bfe-9c07-49e6-8bbc-28813963356f">Re: Workout Accountability Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning everyone!  Today is my last day of work before I leave for the wedding tomorrow - it'll both be a quick day as I try to get things done, and a slow day while I attempt to think about anything other than wedding.  I plan to get in a HIIT run at lunch - those have been my favorites lately. Other than that, I'm just trying to keep eating on track - I need to find one of those old threads about foods to eat and foods to stay away from to avoid bloat.
    Posted by kwitherington[/QUOTE]

<div>Broccoli!</div><div>
    </div><div>I remember that one specifically because I eat broccoli all the time. I'm gonna have some tonight and maybe tomorrow and then Thursday thru Saturday I'm avoiding it!</div><div>
    </div><div>I'm also trying to drink a crap-ton of water this week. I've got two bottles of water at my desk at work and I keep sipping on them.</div>
  • No exercising for me for at least a week.  Then it can't be really intense exercises.  That makes me a little nervous since I really wanted to tone but I might just plant my butt on the couch and do arms that way.  I'm also worried because I've pretty much lost my appetite.  I feel like I'm forcing myself to eat meals and that makes me nervous for my dress... last I tried it on I couldn't afford to lose any but I could gain a couple and still be ok.  Yikes!
  • Yay KW! :D

Not sure who all saw my post last week, I got fired on Friday for taking too long to clean. I'd rather it be done right and well the first time but the managers didn't see it that way.  So there goes my daily burning of 1000 calories, now I have to reset my whole number plan.  We're hoping to find me something else this week, otherwise everything pre-wedding gets nixed, even the honeymoon :(   SO, fingers crossed something pans out really fast.  I think tomorrow I'm going to jump on the Wii and get in a good workout to get some frustration out, I've just gotten used to my massive calorie intake that I'm hungry all the time now with trying to cut back and it's proving very difficult to balance out >.<  YAY STRESS ;p
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_workout-accountability-tuesday-43?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:611dedca-4990-4465-a800-464e32d148d3Post:fa91aeee-c795-465e-9ce6-c7009d57109c">Re: Workout Accountability Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay KW! :D Not sure who all saw my post last week, I got fired on Friday for taking too long to clean. I'd rather it be done right and well the first time but the managers didn't see it that way.  So there goes my daily burning of 1000 calories, now I have to reset my whole number plan.  We're hoping to find me something else this week, otherwise everything pre-wedding gets nixed, even the honeymoon :(   SO, fingers crossed something pans out really fast.  I think tomorrow I'm going to jump on the Wii and get in a good workout to get some frustration out, I've just gotten used to my massive calorie intake that I'm hungry all the time now with trying to cut back and it's proving very difficult to balance out />.<  YAY STRESS ;p
    Posted by pomundson0[/QUOTE]

<div>Sorry you got fired - some people don't understand how to appreciate a job well done!</div><div>
    </div><div>It's good you're uber aware of how your calorie needs have shifted now that you're not doing strenuous work 8 hours a day! Just gotta keep that in mind and stay positive! You'll find a new job soon enough :)</div>
  • want a great workout? ZUMBA! i didn't need to lose much..only about 7 lbs and now im down 9. my wedding is 32 days away and my dress looks amazing.. zumba is a lot of fun you don't even realize you are working out..HIGHLY recommend it for great results
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards