Wedding Party

Shoes/Accessories - HELP

OK, So my sisters wedding is in November and its is a fall theme. Our dresses are hunter green and the whole wedding will have reds, oranges, and yellows. The guys will be wearing black tuxs.... what color shoes and accessories would be best? I suggested gold, but one of the other bridesmaids doesn't like gold, and suggessted brown or bronze. But if we are going to wear bronze or brown shoes I feel we would still need to wear gold jewelry. Plus, can we wear brown shows when the guys will be wearing black? I also was thinking champagne shoes, but I again feel like gold would look best. Should we stick with plan black or silver shoes and silver jewelry even with the fall theme?

Suggestions please :)

Re: Shoes/Accessories - HELP

• Are your dresses long or short?  If they're long then no one will see your shoes.  If they're short then any of those colors you suggest would work fine.  Even if you wear gold shoes, that doesn't mean you have to wear gold jewelry (it's pretty trendy to mix the two tones of gold and silver).  The bride, if she cares, should suggest a color for the shoes and let the BM wear whatever jewelry they feel is best.  If she doesn't care then you, the BMs, can either come to an agreement or wear what you think will work.  Honestly, no one really notices the details of the BM.  All the focus is on the bride and groom.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Your shoes don't need to match the groomsmen. Short dresses, take a vote between the BMs between gold, silver and bronze. Long dresses, just let everyone wear what they want.
  • bongebonge member
    First Comment
    My girls all have short dresses & i let them wear what ever they want (with a few suggestions). I have no clue what they will have on their feet. 

What does the bride say?
    230 image Invited
    154 image Are ready to party
    56 image Missing out
    20 image Can't find the mailbox (tick tock)

RSVP Date: 6/1/2012
  • Habs2HartHabs2Hart member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 2012
    I'd go nude and not worry about it. 

ETA:  Nude coloured shoes...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • TiffannieFTiffannieF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2012
    I also suggest nude, brown, or bronze shoes. 

The accessories I got my BMs were bronze (but a little more on the gold side) and were fall themed (pics in my bio under "Bridal Jewelry and etsy").

Do you have a pic of the dress?  Some necklines look bad with necklaces.
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • Our dresses are long, but I have such a shoe obsession I need to find the right pair, and I don't want anyone to clash. As far as what the bride thinks... shes lucky she can get dressed in the morning without my help! LOL

Tiffannie, Thanks for telling me about your page!! That will be so helpful when planning her wedding (yes, i'm planning it for her lol)  you wedding looked beautiful and I have so many wonderful ideas from it!! THANKS!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_shoesaccessories-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:ff126059-1dfb-4899-9397-5a1f0809f287Post:008baa62-fc3c-442b-b21f-153d8060b4fe">Re: Shoes/Accessories - HELP</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our dresses are long, but I have such a shoe obsession I need to find the right pair, and I don't want anyone to clash. As far as what the bride thinks... shes lucky she can get dressed in the morning without my help! LOL Tiffannie, Thanks for telling me about your page!! That will be so helpful when planning her wedding (yes, i'm planning it for her lol)  you wedding looked beautiful and I have so many wonderful ideas from it!! THANKS!!
    Posted by melissanash[/QUOTE]
    If it's long let everyone pick the shoes they want, and you should only focus on/control your own shoes.  Your shoe obsession is not a valid reason for making the bridesmaids wear a particular color of shoe.

• I'd say they should be hunter green to keep the BMs looking classy, definitely not red considering it'd look like Christmas!  That's a whole lot of color going on so be careful!!!  I don't think throwing another color in (gold or bronze) is a good idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards